unzip zipfile data from a variable

Harm Olthof

Mar 28, 2018, 4:51:06 PM3/28/18
Hello Tcl-ers,
Using [http::geturl] and subsequent [http::data] I obtained zipfile data from a REST webservice in a tcl variable.

I know that there's only one file (an xml file) in the zip file.
Is it possible to get the xml file contents from the tcl variable directly or should I first write the variable to a file on disk and use e.g vsf::zlib to get the contents of the xml file? I would like to process the xml data using tdom.
The zip file can get up to several hundreds of Mb's and I would like to prevent disk I/O.

Harm Olthof

Erik Leunissen

Mar 29, 2018, 12:41:52 PM3/29/18
Maybe memchan (or tcl::chan::memchan) is useful in your situation.

Regards,
Erik.

--
elns@ nl | Merge the left part of these two lines into one,
xs4all. | respecting a character's position in a line.

Harm Olthof

Apr 2, 2018, 9:57:31 AM4/2/18
Thank, will try that out. tcl::chan::variable also looks interesting in this respect.
Harm