Embedding Tcl toplevels in a Qt host window

aj.sa...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2017, 9:46:56 PM12/22/17
Does anyone out there have any experience with embedding Tcl toplevel windows in a Qt host window?

Thanks in advance for the help,

AJ

Roger Oberholtzer

Jan 4, 2018, 3:19:59 AM1/4/18
This is more a question for the window manager, I would think. I embed top level windows in Tk apps using TkXext (http://nikit.tcl.tk/page/TkXext). As it is C, you could perhaps add the needed logic from it to put a top level window (any - not just Tk) into your Qt app. It only works on Unix/Linux (e.g., X11).

Mike Griffiths

Jan 4, 2018, 3:47:01 PM1/4/18
I have no idea if it's of use in your situation, as I've never used it myself, but both the "wish" program and the [toplevel] command have a -use option for embedding the toplevel (. in the case of wish) in another window which is set to be used as a container. This can be another Tk toplevel (with -container given), but can also be a window in another app, as long as it's set up for embedding and you have the appropriate id to pass to -use.