Tcl/Tk 8.6a3 Release Announcement
October 10, 2008
The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.6a3 releases of the Tcl
Where to get the new releases:
Tcl/Tk 8.6a3 sources are freely available as open source from the
This web page also contains additional information about the releases,
Binaries for most major platforms are available from:
For additional information:
Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site:
This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the
Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.6a2:
The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.6a3. A complete list
This release is the third alpha release of 8.6. The alpha moniker means
* [TIP 328] New commands: [coroutine], [yield], [info coroutine].
* [TIP 327] New command: [tailcall].
* [TIP 195] New command: [tcl::prefix].
* [TIP 320] New subcommand: [oo::define $class variable].
* [TIP 236] New subcommand: [$canvas moveto].
* [TIP 313] New option: [lsearch -bisect].
* [TIP 326] New option: [lsort -stride].
* [TIP 314] New option: [namespace ensemble create -parameters].
* [TIP 331] New support: [lset listVar end+1 $value].
* [TIP 318] Revised default whitespace character set for [string trim].
* [TIP 323] Many variadic commands now accept zero arguments.
* [TIP 315] New variable: tcl_platform(pathSeparator).
* [TIP 265] New utility routine: Tcl_ParseArgv().
* [TIP 316] Portable C interface to Tcl_StatBuf fields.
* [TIP 330] Stronger barrier to interp->result access. Stop it!
* [TIP 27] Several more CONST-ified C interfaces.
* Fixed several bugs in new OO facilities.
* Fixed several bugs in the new non-recursive evaluation engine.
* Support for pre-ANSI compilers via _ANSI_ARGS_ removed.
You must Sign in before you can post messages.
To post a message you must first join this group.
Please update your nickname on the subscription settings page before posting.
You do not have the permission required to post.