CloudTk with Apache tomcat??

hemaa...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2018, 1:53:15 AM2/16/18
Hello Friends,

I want to use apache tomcat web server with cloudtk. will cloudtk supports apache tomcat.?

-Hema

HeadsU...@yahoo.com

Feb 16, 2018, 11:45:37 PM2/16/18
CloudTk can work with any webserver. You can run CloudTk on a different TCP port on the same host as the Apache Tomcat webserver as long as it is a Linux x86_64 or Raspberry Pi host. If not you can use a separate Linux host for CloudTk. Embed an iframe tag into your web pages in the Apache Tomcat webserver referring to the Tk application running on CloudTk (refer to the CloudTk FAQ). This requires the Client web browser to have access to the TCP ports of the Apache Tomcat server and the CloudTk server.

If the Apache Tomcat webserver is behind a firewall and no other TCP ports can be opened then you could try proxying the CloudTk server via the Apache Tomcat webserver. It has been a long time since I played with Apache but I think it had a mod_proxy module or similar. I haven't tried this so I don't know if it will work. If you go down this path and have success can you create a wiki page on wiki.tcl.tk.

Kind Regards

Jeff Smith