Re: memory debug and Thread package

Message has been deleted

Don Porter

Mar 10, 2017, 9:56:52 AM3/10/17
On 03/10/2017 09:04 AM, Luc Moulinier wrote:
> I wanted to check memory using threads. I compiled Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 with
> -g -DTCL_MEM_DEBUG in order to use [memory info]

Get the current release, 8.6.6.

It has solved this long-standing problem.

2015-05-27 (enhancement) Relax memdebug constraint on extensions (kupries)

--
| Don Porter Applied and Computational Mathematics Division |
| donald...@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory |

Andreas Kupries

May 6, 2017, 3:08:05 AM5/6/17
Luc Moulinier <luc.mo...@igbmc.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I wanted to check memory using threads.
> I compiled Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 with -g -DTCL_MEM_DEBUG in order to use [memory info]
>
> But :
> ena_Agents_> ~/tcl8.6.4/luinst/bin/tclsh
> % package require Thread
> expected to create new entry for object map
> Abort (core dumped)
>
> Thread package is 2.7.2, running on Ubuntu.
>
> Is that normal ?

For the older Tcl's unfortunately yes.

This was fixed in 2015, see

https://core.tcl.tk/tcl/timeline?r=aku-mem-debug-allow-regular

in the 8.5 branch. It merged anout two months past 8.5.18 release.

Should be in 8.5.19 and higher,

For 8.6 this is 8.6.5 and higher.

As you have 8.6.4 the problem is present.

You will have to take my fix and backport/cherrypick it into your
version.

--
See you,
Andreas Kupries <akup...@shaw.ca>