HL7 OBR Counter (New to tcl)

Andres

Sep 17, 2015, 9:23:19 AM9/17/15
Hello all! I just started looking through old scripts and the forums today. I am completely new to tcl compliments of cloverleaf. I have not had the class yet, but have an immediate need to create a simple counter. I appreciate any help as it will help me with my understanding of tcl. Unfortunetely, I only have simple lsearch command examples available to me and that doesn't really help with this.

Scenario: Order HL7 Message with two ORC segments each with thier own OBR. I need to end up with one ORC with all the OBRS. Problem is I dont know how to create a counter for the OBR set ids to increment.

I rid myself of the additional ORCs. I don't know how to create a counter for the OBR set id field to increment (OBR|1, OBR|2, OBR|3). As a result of the OBR being part of another ORC, the OBR will have the set ID of "1". I need an example to change that or suggestions on how to go about it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Harald Oehlmann

Sep 17, 2015, 9:55:45 AM9/17/15
Well, HL7 sounds great. Specially SPL2 of HL7 V3, used in FDA UDI...
Acronyms...

But, don't know any details.

Anyway:

# Init Variable to 1:

set ID 1

# use it in a stdout output:

puts "ID is $ID"

# Increment is by 1

incr ID

Christian Gollwitzer

Sep 17, 2015, 10:13:02 AM9/17/15
Am 17.09.15 um 15:23 schrieb Andres:
> Hello all! I just started looking through old scripts and the forums
> today. I am completely new to tcl compliments of cloverleaf.

And most of us are completely new to cloverleaf, too. You might not
realize, that Tcl is a language in its own rights, and does exist
outside of cloverleaf. Therefore your question doesn't make much sense
to most of the posters here. You should at least include a link to the
program you are using. HL7 ORC etc. doesn't tell me anything.

Christian