Issue with SMTP and other communications?

ifind...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2018, 5:34:27 PM1/31/18
Simple tests appear to show there is an issue with the Tcl SMTP package when the invoking script has other open socket communications.

The situation is that a script opens a channel to a server using an otherwise innocuous port and uses a very simple text based client-server protocol to get some information from the server.

The information is formatted and mailed out using the Tcl SMTP package. The sendmessage procedure hangs forever even although the mime message list is completely kosher. I know this because a solution to the problem is simply to eliminate the other channel.

Anybody have any thoughts on this? I find it hard to conceive of a cause within the Tcl interpreter and its socket channel handlers, but the test is reproducible
on multiple machines.

This is Tcl 8.6.5 in both 32 and 64 bit implementations.

Gerald Lester

Jan 31, 2018, 6:27:51 PM1/31/18
Please create a ticket on http://core.tcl.tk/tcllib about this. Please
include the code that demonstrates this problem.

| Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC |
| Email: Gerald...@kng-consulting.net |