Announce: webpage-1.0

ifind...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2018, 12:35:52 PM4/27/18
I have uploaded a pure TCL package to Sourceforge that some people may find useful for making CGI and e-mail scripts. The package implements a simple set of markups for HTML templates that can be used to generate HTML pages within, for example,
CGI scripts. The markups implement a hierarchical scheme of parameters that are substituted for specified values when a template is expanded. In addition, markups implement the basic if/else, repeat, duplicate, foreach paradigms for conditional and repetitive expansions, include for nesting templates, and some utility markups like comment and debugging helpers.

The template expansions happen inside the TCL interp, so you can embed anything that TCL can do in the templates, although if you go significantly that way you may just as well write everything in TCL. The main use I make of this package is the ability to create reusable template libraries which can be applied to different web applications.

There is a nice little test program and example scripts in the package distribution.

Of course, there are several more elaborate javascript packages that can do similar stuff, but this package is all TCL and can be learned in a short time.

The package can be found in the webpage directory of the Tclfltk project on Sourceforge.

Rich

Apr 27, 2018, 1:23:01 PM4/27/18
ifind...@gmail.com wrote:
> The package can be found in the webpage directory of the Tclfltk
> project on Sourceforge.

You don't say if you did, or did not, so apologies ahead of time if you
have already done this below.

I also suggest you consider creating a page in the Wiki about your new
package and then linking the page to the appropriate cgi and web
framework categories.

ifind...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2018, 11:06:27 AM4/29/18
Well, I added a wiki page. Hope that does it for you.