Table: search rowattribs or certain level of descendants

Juge

Sep 18, 2019, 2:00:13 AM9/18/19
I am trying to find a quick way of deleting children's or eventually a certain category of children (with a rowattribute)

In my case I would like to delete "grandchildren" of root, so is there a quick way of getting the indexes. I think, I am going to get childkeys for root and the go through them with for each, but I wonder if there is a direct way.

Moreover, lateron I might want to delete only children with a certain rowattrib. There seems to be no search method for indices with a certain attribute?

Harald Oehlmann

Sep 18, 2019, 2:14:36 AM9/18/19
Sorry, Juge, in which context:

- tablelist ?
- tdom ?

Juge

Sep 18, 2019, 3:31:53 AM9/18/19
Sorry the spellchecker of my cellphone did his deed. It is about tablelist.
Can I edit the title somehow?

Rich

Sep 18, 2019, 6:29:33 AM9/18/19
Juge <jyrki.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry the spellchecker of my cellphone did his deed. It is about tablelist.
> Can I edit the title somehow?

If you were using a real newsreader, instead of that awful google
groups UI, then yes, you would be able to edit the title for subsequent
posts.

But since you are using that absolutely awful google groups interface,
I doubt you have any ability to edit the title provided to you by that
interface.

List of Usenet newsreaders:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Usenet_newsreaders

Free Usenet access:
https://www.eternal-september.org/
https://www.aioe.org/

nemethi

Sep 18, 2019, 8:37:09 AM9/18/19
Am 18.09.19 um 08:00 schrieb Juge:
> I am trying to find a quick way of deleting children's or eventually a certain category of children (with a rowattribute)
>
> In my case I would like to delete "grandchildren" of root, so is there a quick way of getting the indexes. I think, I am going to get childkeys for root and the go through them with for each, but I wonder if there is a direct way.
>
> Moreover, lateron I might want to delete only children with a certain rowattrib. There seems to be no search method for indices with a certain attribute?

There is no direct way for getting the root's grandchildren, nor for
filtering the indices using a certain row attribute. Both tasks require
a few rather trivial lines of code.

--
Csaba Nemethi http://www.nemethi.de mailto:csaba....@t-online.de

heinrichmartin

Sep 18, 2019, 10:14:35 AM9/18/19
On Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 12:29:33 PM UTC+2, Rich wrote:
> But since you are using that absolutely awful google groups interface,
> I doubt you have any ability to edit the title provided to you by that
> interface.

This wording is coming every once in a while. And I never know whether the emotional bias is funny or sad.

Google groups has the option to "Edit subject" while posting a reply. It adds another text field to the UI, defaulting to the original subject.