panedwindow - proxy?

gourin...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2018, 5:12:59 PM2/28/18
In panedwindow widget some optoins and commands are about "proxy", what it means?

Mike Griffiths

Mar 1, 2018, 4:06:50 PM3/1/18
On Wednesday, 28 February 2018 22:12:59 UTC, gourin...@gmail.com wrote:
> In panedwindow widget some optoins and commands are about "proxy", what it means?

By default, when you click and drag the sash to resize the panes, the resize happens in real-time.

If you set -opaqueresize to 0, it instead shows a 'ghost' version of the sash, to show you where it will be resized to, and the resize doesn't happen until you release the mouse button. The guide line to show where you're dragging the sash to is the proxy.

By default you wouldn't need to use the proxy subcommand, but if you impliment your own custom bindings you may want to.

gourin...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2018, 7:03:35 AM3/2/18
thanks you so much for such explanation, after 2 days of making this post and nothing having any response I begin to loose hope, but why it is not explained in Tk Reference Manual, I suggest to add your explanation to it :-)

Harald Oehlmann

Mar 2, 2018, 8:30:30 AM3/2/18
Am 02.03.2018 um 13:03 schrieb gourin...@gmail.com:
> thanks you so much for such explanation, after 2 days of making this post and nothing having any response I begin to loose hope, but why it is not explained in Tk Reference Manual, I suggest to add your explanation to it :-)

At least, it is now here:

http://wiki.tcl.tk/2299

Harald

Rich

Mar 2, 2018, 10:43:40 AM3/2/18
gourin...@gmail.com wrote:
> thanks you so much for such explanation, after 2 days of making this
> post and nothing having any response I begin to loose hope,

Usenet has a built in latency factor. Several days is not at all
unusual.

> but why it is not explained in Tk Reference Manual,

My best guess, the author of the widget felt it was an internal detail
that most users would have no need to know about. And the thought was
also likely that those needing to know would be skilled enough to dig
into the source and work it out for themselves.

But that is just a guess on my part.

gourin...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2018, 3:22:51 PM3/2/18
I sand a message to tcl-core email in which I explained my problem and your solution and I am waitnig their response.
Thanks to all of your help

Mike Griffiths

Mar 2, 2018, 3:49:57 PM3/2/18
On Friday, 2 March 2018 20:22:51 UTC, gourin...@gmail.com wrote:
> I sand a message to tcl-core email in which I explained my problem and your solution and I am waitnig their response.
> Thanks to all of your help

Just putting the word 'proxy' in the description of the -opaqueresize option would help, yeah. I kind of knew what it from using the widget quite a few years back, but it took me a while to actually find the relevant option.

Francois Vogel

Mar 11, 2018, 5:28:13 PM3/11/18
to Mike Griffiths
Le 02/03/2018 à 21:49, Mike Griffiths a écrit :
> Just putting the word 'proxy' in the description of the -opaqueresize option would help, yeah. I kind of knew what it from using the widget quite a few years back, but it took me a while to actually find the relevant option.

Thanks you for your suggestion.

I have fixed this issue (drawing inspiration from your wording), see

https://core.tcl.tk/tk/tktview/3e490c13869

F.

Mike Griffiths

Mar 12, 2018, 4:33:52 PM3/12/18