core.tcl.tk down

JonoK

May 22, 2019, 12:24:59 AM5/22/19

for the last two days all links to https://core.tcl.tk/ give me an error ... ?

Jonathan.

Arjen Markus

May 22, 2019, 2:20:12 AM5/22/19
That was scheduled, if I have read the information correctly. It is back now.

Regards,

Arjen

stevel

May 22, 2019, 7:11:12 AM5/22/19
It was down for 70 minutes on May 20, so given the date of Jonathan's post he was experiencing a different problem. It's currently up.

heinrichmartin

May 22, 2019, 9:33:42 AM5/22/19
On Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 6:24:59 AM UTC+2, JonoK wrote:
> for the last two days all links to https://core.tcl.tk/ give me an error ... ?

Besides planned downtime, I learned in February on clt that tcl-lang.org replaced tcl.tk. They co-exist for the time being, but the latter is less reliable.

stevel

May 23, 2019, 1:02:04 AM5/23/19
tcl-lang.org is the preferred domain for Tcl community resources, mainly because .tk domains have a bad reputation and (increasingly) many firewalls block them. But also because the tcl.tk registry has (in the past) gone missing.

tcl.tk will stay indefinitely but many of the tcl.tk sites will redirect to their tcl-lang.org equivalent - e.g. wiki.tcl.tk redirects to wiki.tcl-lang.org