Menu font size for TclTutor

Richard Owlett

Nov 20, 2017, 8:18:21 AM11/20/17
I'm running the i386 version of Debian Stretch {9.1} with MATE as
desktop on a Lenovo T510 laptop. I downloaded tcltutor30b7.gz from
<http://www.msen.com/~clif/TclTutor.html>. It extracted and runs without
any apparent problems.

I can set the font size in the Lesson, Code, and Output panes without
problems.

My problem is the font size on menus and sub-menus. They need to be 50%
to 100% larger to be comfortably legible. I don't recall a similar
problem several years ago running TclTutor on a WinXP machine. A
significant difference is possibly that the older machine had a VGA
display with a 4:3 aspect ratio. The T510 has a short wide screen.

Is there a straight forward remedy?

TIA

Brad Lanam

Nov 20, 2017, 8:55:06 AM11/20/17
The tutor program probably needs an upgrade to adjust the menu font size in addition to the main font size.

Richard Owlett

Nov 20, 2017, 9:51:24 AM11/20/17
Thank you. I suspected that would be the case. I've a VGA display
available. With some rearrangement/housekeeping I should be able run a
dual monitor setup.