BWidget: translations wanted for Danish, Spanish, French (enhancement), Hungarian, Dutch, Norwegian and Polish

Harald Oehlmann

Jan 9, 2018, 1:24:04 PM1/9/18
Dear TCL'ers,

Keith J. Nash provided enhancements of the BWidget Color Chooser widget.
This has a couple of new labels where the translation to the supported
languages is pending.

If you are able to write in Danish, Spanish, French (enhancement),
Hungarian, Dutch, Norwegian or Polish and you have 10 Minuties of time,
I would appreciate, if you could translate the text by contributing to
this ticket or answer here or do whatever to get it to me:

https://core.tcl.tk/bwidget/info/a947e33526099a94

Of, cause, other languages are welcome to ! Then, I would appreciate the
translation of all keys, not only the new ones.

The English textes are:

*yourSelectionName: Your Selection
*colorSelectorsName: Color Selectors
*hoverHelpName: Hover for help with color selection by:
*mouseHelpName: Mouse
*keyboardHelpName: Keyboard

! --- dynamic help text for SelectColor dialog. Lines 75 chars max,
split by '\n'.

*mouseHelpTextName: Click or drag the mouse in the Color Selectors to
choose a color.\nIf the selected color remains black, regardless of what
you\ndo in the left-hand Color Selector (for hue and saturation),
check\nthe position of the pointer in the right-hand Color
Selector\n(for brightness).\n\nClick one of the "Base colors" to read a
value from this palette.\n\nClick one of the "User colors" to read a
value from this palette,\nor to write to the palette if the color is
blank. If you then\nuse the Color Selectors to change the color, your
choice will be\nwritten to this (User) palette color until you select
another\n(Base or User) palette color.

*keyboardHelpTextName: Click in the text entry window in the left of the
"Your\nSelection" area.\n\nType the color that you want in hexadecimal
RGB format.\nWhenever the number of hexadecimal digits is a multiple\nof
3, the color value is valid and will be copied to the\nother parts of
the Color Selector.\n\nLeave the text entry window by clicking anywhere
else,\nor by pressing the "Escape" or "Return" key. The text\nentry
window will then display the color in 24-bit RGB\nformat, although
internally the Color Selector uses\n48-bit colors.\n\nWhen the text
entry widget does not have keyboard focus\n(i.e. does not show a
cursor), the "Return" and "Escape"\nkeys do the same as the "OK" and
"Cancel" buttons,\nrespectively.

----

I plan to release BWidget tomorrow 17:00 UTC so any contribution before
this date would be great.

Thank you and best regards,
Harald

Harald Oehlmann

Jan 9, 2018, 5:31:00 PM1/9/18
Thanks to Jima and Francois, Spanish and French were corrected.

Any additional languages welcome.

THanks,
Harald

Arjen Markus

Jan 10, 2018, 12:38:40 AM1/10/18
Hi Harald,

I have just added a Dutch translation to the ticket (to nitpick: my idiosyncratic version of my native language :)).

Regards,

Arjen

Harald Oehlmann

Jan 10, 2018, 3:54:52 AM1/10/18
Thanks, great !
I might come back to you during the day in case of any questions and
with screenshots.

Thanks,
Harald

neko

Jan 11, 2018, 2:08:08 PM1/11/18
El martes, 9 de enero de 2018, 19:24:04 (UTC+1), Harald Oehlmann escribió:
> Dear TCL'ers,
>
> Keith J. Nash provided enhancements of the BWidget Color Chooser widget.
> This has a couple of new labels where the translation to the supported
> languages is pending.
>
> If you are able to write in Danish, Spanish, French (enhancement),
> Hungarian, Dutch, Norwegian or Polish and you have 10 Minuties of time,
> I would appreciate, if you could translate the text by contributing to
> this ticket or answer here or do whatever to get it to me:

here you are the spanish translation of es.rc file, I include a complete es.rc file because I think the current one may be improved

------begin es.rc--------------------------------------------------
! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
! es.rc
! This file is part of Unifix BWidget Toolkit
! Definition of spanish resources
! dan...@rawbyte.com
! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

! --- symbolic names of buttons ------------------------------------------------

*abortName: &Abortar
*retryName: &Reintentar
*ignoreName: &Ignorar
*okName: &OK
*cancelName: &Cancelar
*yesName: &Sí
*noName: &No

! --- symbolic names of label of SelectFont dialog ----------------------------

*boldName: Negrita
*italicName: Cursiva
*underlineName: Subrayado
*overstrikeName: Tachado
*fontName: &Fuente
*sizeName: &Tamaño
*styleName: &Estilo
*colorPickerName: &Color...

! --- symbolic names of label of PasswdDlg dialog -----------------------------

*loginName: &Usuario
*passwordName: &Contraseña

! --- resource for SelectFont dialog ------------------------------------------

*SelectFont.title: Selección de fuente
*SelectFont.sampletext: Texto de Ejemplo

! --- resource for MessageDlg dialog ------------------------------------------

*MessageDlg.noneTitle: Mensaje
*MessageDlg.infoTitle: Información
*MessageDlg.questionTitle: Pregunta
*MessageDlg.warningTitle: Aviso
*MessageDlg.errorTitle: Error

! --- resource for PasswdDlg dialog -------------------------------------------

*PasswdDlg.title: Introduzca su usuario y contraseña

! --- symbolic names of label of SelectColor dialog ----------------------------

*baseColorsName: Colores base
*userColorsName: Colores de usuario

*yourSelectionName: Su selección
*colorSelectorsName: Selectores de color
*hoverHelpName: Para ayuda con la selección de color pongase encima con:
*mouseHelpName: Ratón
*keyboardHelpName: Teclado

! --- dynamic help text for SelectColor dialog. Lines 75 chars max, split by '\n'.

*mouseHelpTextName: Haga click o arrastre el ratón en los selectores de color para elegir un color.\nSi el color seleccionado permanece negro, sin importar lo que haga\nen el selector de color izquierdo (para tono y saturación), compruebe\nla posición del puntero en el selector de color derecho\n(para brillo).\n\nHaga click en uno de los "Colores base" para leer un valor de esa paleta.\n\nClick en uno de los "Colores de usuario" para leer un valor de esa paleta,\no para escribir la paleta si el color está vacio. Si luego usted\nusa los Selectores de color para cambiar el color, su elección se\nescribirá en ese color de la paleta (de usuario) hasta seleccionar otro\ncolor de la paleta (base o de usuario).

*keyboardHelpTextName: Haga click en la ventana de entrada de texto a la izquierda del área "Su\nSelección".\n\nTeclee el color que desee en formato RGB hexadecimal.\nSiempre que el número de dígitos hexadecimales sea múltiplo\nde 3, el valor de color es válido y se copiará a las\notras partes de el Selector de Color.\n\nSalga de la ventana de entrada de texto haciendo click en otro lugar,\no presionando la tecla "Escape" o "Enter". La ventana de\nentrada de texto mostrará entonces el color en formato RGB 24-bit,\naunque internamente el Selector de Color usa\ncolores de 48-bit.\n\nCuando el control de entrada de texto no tenga el foco de teclado\n(ej, no muestra un cursor), las teclas "Enter" y "Escape"\nhacen lo mismo que los botones "OK" y "Cancel",\nrespectivamente.
----end es.rc--------------------------------------------------------

Harald Oehlmann

Jan 12, 2018, 10:46:28 AM1/12/18
Dear Neko (and Jima by private Emilio),

thank you for the enhancement. Is this ok:

https://core.tcl.tk/bwidget/vinfo/f88ea0df56bfba8c?diff=1

?

It was to late for BWidget 1.9.11. The next release is normally in
summer, and I think it is ok to wait for that.

Thank you,
Harald

neko

Jan 13, 2018, 12:15:48 AM1/13/18
El viernes, 12 de enero de 2018, 16:46:28 (UTC+1), Harald Oehlmann escribió:
> Dear Neko (and Jima by private Emilio),
>
> thank you for the enhancement. Is this ok:
>
> https://core.tcl.tk/bwidget/vinfo/f88ea0df56bfba8c?diff=1
>
> ?

for mi it's ok, but just one minor correction:

in the text of keyboardHelpTextName: is needed to replace "de el" with "del"

that means in sed terms:

s/se copiará a las\notras partes de el Selector de Color.\n\n/se copiará a las\notras partes del Selector de Color.\n\n/

> It was to late for BWidget 1.9.11. The next release is normally in
> summer, and I think it is ok to wait for that.

Perfect, the point is to improve each version ;-)

is there any other way to contribute translations rather than email or that web? I'm thinking in gettext or similar

Harald Oehlmann

Jan 13, 2018, 9:12:56 AM1/13/18
Neko,

thanks for the message!

Am 13.01.2018 um 06:15 schrieb neko:
> for mi it's ok, but just one minor correction:
>
> in the text of keyboardHelpTextName: is needed to replace "de el" with "del"

Thanks, corrected:
https://core.tcl.tk/bwidget/info/dd7b03451d47970d

> is there any other way to contribute translations rather than email or that web? I'm thinking in gettext or similar

When I get it right, you mixed two questions, or say asked two questions:

Q1: is there another transport medium possible to contribute
(translations) than email or web ?
Q2: is there other format possible than rc files (like gettext) ?

Answer to Q1:
Yes of cause. Best is, if you could contribute directly to fossil and
edit directly the code. Ask Andreas Kupries for a login !
Second best is, if you contribute to a fossil ticket.

Answert to Q2:

The usage of msgcat instead of rc files within BWidget is pending,
patches welcome ;-)
There is a msgcat output mode for gettext, so gettext may be used then.
Any other idea is welcome !

Muchas gracias et leer muy pronto en este forum,
Harald

neko

Jan 14, 2018, 2:51:28 AM1/14/18

>Q1: is there another transport medium >possible to contribute
>(translations) than email or web ?
>Q2: is there other format possible than >rc files (like gettext) ?

>Answer to Q1:
>Yes of cause. Best is, if you could >contribute directly to fossil and
>edit directly the code. Ask Andreas >Kupries for a login !
>Second best is, if you contribute to a >fossil ticket.

Cool, fossil is maybe my favourite scm

>Answert to Q2:
>The usage of msgcat instead of rc files >within BWidget is pending,
>patches welcome ;-)
>There is a msgcat output mode for >gettext, so gettext may be used then.

Ok let me take a look to see if I can help some way

Harald Oehlmann

Jan 14, 2018, 11:19:19 AM1/14/18
Great !
give a sign if I might help. You may find my E-Mail on the wiki page "hao".

Harald

neko

Jan 18, 2018, 6:02:00 AM1/18/18
Sorry for the unpoliteness to post here this message but I think is the best way to reach the people involved

I was looking the fossil repository and seems there's no needs for help: all tíckets are closed or not applicable so maybe the only help is translations, is it right?

> >> Answert to Q2:
> >> The usage of msgcat instead of rc files >within BWidget is pending,
> >> patches welcome ;-)
> >> There is a msgcat output mode for >gettext, so gettext may be used then.

maybe I could get an account, how can I contact with Andreas Kupries ?

>Great !
>give a sign if I might help. You may find my E-Mail on the wiki page "hao".
>
>Harald

sorry I cannot see any content in wiki page of Bwidget fossil repository, maybe I need an account first

Harald Oehlmann

Jan 18, 2018, 7:02:55 AM1/18/18
Hi Neko,
I sent you a private Emilio about Andreas.

I spoke about the tcl wiki (wiki.tcl.tk), not the bwidget one, sorry for
the unclear message.

Thank you,
Harald