Problem with database

Manfred

Feb 20, 2018, 2:03:35 PM2/20/18
Hi

I have two problems to use a database (firebird).

On the one hand with tcdb::odbc

##

package require tdbc::odbc
1.0.4
% tdbc::odbc::connection create db "DSN=Vins2;UID=<uid>;PWD=<pwd>"
[unixODBC][
[unixODBC][
(connecting to database)
% set ::errorCode
TDBC UNKNOWN_SQLSTATE 0000 ODBC 0 0000 -902

####

I cann't connect. This problem I have on linux (kubuntu).
I posted this problem 5 year's ago, but no solution.

On the other hand with tclodbc.

I have a table (artikelgruppen) with 3 rows.

id bezeichnung reihung

1 Apfel <NULL>
2 Birne 98
3 Zwetschken <NULL>

The connection to the database ist ok.
But the result of a select isn't ok.

command: "select * from artikelgruppen"

1 {Apfel }
2 {Birne } 98
3 {Zwetschken } 8

On the row with id 3 the column "reihung" should be empty, but it isn't.

If I select more then one row and a the column "reihung" is <NULL> I get
the value from the row before without the first number.

This problem I have on linux und windows 10.

Has anybody a solution for me. (Other database isn't a solution).

Regards

Manfred