tkchat login

rene

Aug 7, 2018, 3:56:01 AM8/7/18
Hi all,

I use tkchat via http://irc.lc/freenode/tcl
Now it is asking for a password for rz.
If i try with a different nick I will be rejected.
So it seems it is asking for the tkchat password?
But I don't remember this one.
Can anyone help with this issue?

Thank you
Rene

Reinhard Max

Aug 7, 2018, 10:05:31 AM8/7/18
Hi Rene,

rene <r.zau...@freenet.de> wrote:

> I use tkchat via http://irc.lc/freenode/tcl

not exactly. TkChat is the Tcl/Tk application that connects to the
Tcl'ers (the service) chat via the Jabber/XMPP protocol. You are
using a browser-based IRC client to connect to the Tcl'ers chat
via the freenode IRC network.

> Now it is asking for a password for rz.
> If i try with a different nick I will be rejected.

Looks like freenode now demands all users to be registered with the
"nickserv" service within IRC before they are allowed to join a channel.

If you've never registered "rz" to nickserv on freenet yourself, chances
are good that someone else has done that in the meantime and you need to
pick a new nick that is still untaken.

When you have found an unused nick, type "/msg nickserv help" for
further instructions on registering it, so that you will be allowed
to join the #tcl channel (or any other).

> So it seems it is asking for the tkchat password?

No, the tkchat password would be the one you need to log into the Jabber
server from TkChat or any other Jabber client. If you want to connect to
the chat using that route and don't have a Jabber account on tclers.tk
already, please contact me via e-mail and I'll create one for you.

cu
Reinhard