Re: ftpd from tcllib answered only to local ip range

Andreas Leitgeb

Mar 27, 2017, 2:37:37 PM3/27/17
Едуард Зозуля <ed.zo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using ftpd library from tcllib for create remote ftp server.
> We have next internet connection between ftp-client and ftp-server:
> ftp-client(192.168.1.22) -> adsl-router(real-ipaddress1)
> <------ Internet -------> ftpd(real-ipaddress2)

If the client is behind a firewall, it might need to use passive mode.

See http://www.slacksite.com/other/ftp.html for some explanation
about active versus passive mode..

Едуард Зозуля

Mar 28, 2017, 2:05:44 AM3/28/17
понедельник, 27 марта 2017 г., 21:37:37 UTC+3 пользователь Andreas Leitgeb написал:
Thanks !
I've already learned about the intricacies of the ftp protocol.

But, ftp-client (this is a wifi-camera) does not want to switch to passive mode. :-(

Alexandre Ferrieux

Mar 28, 2017, 9:53:59 AM3/28/17
Then:

- either your ADSL router is smart enough to have an FTP ALG, meaning a stateful behavior that will specifically monitor FTP exchangee to open the proper port in the reverse direction for the binary transfer;

- or it is too dumb and you're out of luck for the FTP protocol ; but maybe the IPcam has other options (scp, HTTP post) that play better with home NATs ?

-Alex