Better logging for tclws

Harald Oehlmann

Nov 14, 2017, 8:49:25 AM11/14/17
Dear TCL'ers,

I am seeking for a better log system for the tcl web service package tclws.
Currently, tcllib log package is used and I feel penalties doe to:
- log package not very efficient if log not activated
- big strings with whole xml messages are formatted and passed to the
log package and thrown away if log level is not set.
The log data may be easily a MB when parsing a WSDL file.

I have put my own thoughts about it to a fossil ticket of tclws:
https://core.tcl.tk/tclws/info/93ebedfa4a96b864

If you have any thoughts about it, I would be glad to read your opinion.
I am not at all an expert on run time speed, but I think, this could be
optimized.

You may comment to the ticket (please log in as anonymous if you have no
login) or comment here.

Thank you all,
Harald