reCAPTCHA needs to be updated

Cecil Westerhof

May 27, 2018, 9:44:05 AM5/27/18
I wanted to add a page to the WiKi, but I get:
reCAPTCHA V1 ID SHUTDOWN
Direct site owners to g.co/recaptcha/upgrade

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

Cecil Westerhof

May 28, 2018, 3:28:05 AM5/28/18
Cecil Westerhof <Ce...@decebal.nl> writes:

> I wanted to add a page to the WiKi, but I get:
> reCAPTCHA V1 ID SHUTDOWN
> Direct site owners to g.co/recaptcha/upgrade

I do not get this message anymore. But when clicking the button:
create new page

I just keep going back to the page to create a new page. So I still
cannot create a new page. :'-(

stevel

May 28, 2018, 5:28:13 AM5/28/18
On Monday, 28 May 2018 15:28:05 UTC+8, Cecil Westerhof wrote:

> > I wanted to add a page to the WiKi, but I get:
> > reCAPTCHA V1 ID SHUTDOWN
> > Direct site owners to g.co/recaptcha/upgrade
>
> I do not get this message anymore. But when clicking the button:
> create new page
>
> I just keep going back to the page to create a new page. So I still
> cannot create a new page. :'-(

try again please

--Steve

Cecil Westerhof

May 28, 2018, 7:44:05 AM5/28/18
It worked:
http://wiki.tcl.tk/55240

Rich

May 28, 2018, 8:26:01 AM5/28/18
Cecil Westerhof <Ce...@decebal.nl> wrote:
> stevel <steve...@gmail.com> writes:

>>> I do not get this message anymore. But when clicking the button:
>>> create new page
>>>
>>> I just keep going back to the page to create a new page. So I still
>>> cannot create a new page. :'-(
>>
>> try again please
>
> It worked:
> http://wiki.tcl.tk/55240

Small tip, foreach can iterate plural variables across a single list.
Your:

foreach {fizzBuzz} ${fizzBuzzLst} {
lassign ${fizzBuzz} value string

could be:

foreach {value string} $fizzBuzzLst} {

Also, for handling CLI arguments, you might want to look into Tcllib's
"cmdline" tool. In this case, since you are using positionals it does
not buy much. But with it you could have:

FizzBuzz --start 15 --end 25

if you wanted.

Cecil Westerhof

May 28, 2018, 9:14:04 AM5/28/18
Rich <ri...@example.invalid> writes:

> Cecil Westerhof <Ce...@decebal.nl> wrote:
>> stevel <steve...@gmail.com> writes:

>>> try again please
>>
>> It worked:
>> http://wiki.tcl.tk/55240
>>

> Small tip, foreach can iterate plural variables across a single list.
> Your:
>
> foreach {fizzBuzz} ${fizzBuzzLst} {
> lassign ${fizzBuzz} value string
>
> could be:
>
> foreach {value string} $fizzBuzzLst} {

I will change that.

> Also, for handling CLI arguments, you might want to look into Tcllib's
> "cmdline" tool. In this case, since you are using positionals it does
> not buy much. But with it you could have:
>
> FizzBuzz --start 15 --end 25
>
> if you wanted.

My idea is that most of the time you only change the end, so this is
simpler to use. The code is also simpler, but I will think about it.

Christian Gollwitzer

May 28, 2018, 2:14:01 PM5/28/18
Am 28.05.18 um 14:25 schrieb Rich:
> Small tip, foreach can iterate plural variables across a single list.
> Your:
>
> foreach {fizzBuzz} ${fizzBuzzLst} {
> lassign ${fizzBuzz} value string
>
> could be:
>
> foreach {value string} $fizzBuzzLst} {

That's not the same. The first loop iterates over lists of pairs,
whereas the second iterates over flat lists.

set fstlist {{a 1} {b 2} {c 3}}
set sndlist {a 1 b 2 c 3}

These would yield identical value/string pairs if used by the first and
second loop, respectively.

Christian

Rich

May 28, 2018, 10:36:34 PM5/28/18
Cecil Westerhof <Ce...@decebal.nl> wrote:
> Rich <ri...@example.invalid> writes:
>> Also, for handling CLI arguments, you might want to look into
>> Tcllib's "cmdline" tool. In this case, since you are using
>> positionals it does not buy much. But with it you could have:
>>
>> FizzBuzz --start 15 --end 25
>>
>> if you wanted.
>
> My idea is that most of the time you only change the end, so this is
> simpler to use. The code is also simpler, but I will think about it.

For this particular app, cmdline may just be overkill. But when you do
get to that app one day that takes several CLI switches/parameters,
remembering that cmdline exists in Tcllib might be worthwhile.

Rich

May 28, 2018, 10:37:24 PM5/28/18
Good point, I missed that in looking over the code.

Cecil Westerhof

May 29, 2018, 3:59:06 AM5/29/18
I found it out the hard way. ;-)

Normally I would find the list of lists ways better, but in this case
the data is so simple I went for the one list.
By going for:
set fizzBuzzLst {
3 "Fizz"
5 "Buzz"
}

I think the chance for errors is not high.

heinrichmartin

May 29, 2018, 4:26:26 AM5/29/18
On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 9:59:06 AM UTC+2, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> I found it out the hard way. ;-)
>
> Normally I would find the list of lists ways better, but in this case
> the data is so simple I went for the one list.
> By going for:
> set fizzBuzzLst {
> 3 "Fizz"
> 5 "Buzz"
> }

Let me add two remarks:
* fizzBuzzLst is also a dict
* [concat {*}$listOfLists] does the conversion

Cecil Westerhof

May 29, 2018, 6:59:05 AM5/29/18
Thanks: with this I could improve the code.

I changed:
set fizzBuzzLst {
3 "Fizz"
5 "Buzz"
}
to:
set fizzBuzzLst [dict create 3 Fizz 5 Buzz]

And:
foreach {value string} ${fizzBuzzLst} {
to:
dict for {value string} ${fizzBuzzLst} {

I like tcl a bit more again. ;-)

I will update the page later.

Rich

May 29, 2018, 7:43:46 AM5/29/18
If you do that, and if "Lst" is meant to be "List" then you might
change the varname to "Dct" (fizzBuzzDct) for "dictionary".

Cecil Westerhof

May 29, 2018, 8:14:05 AM5/29/18
You are completely right. I will change that also.

Or I could even drop it. I originally used fizzBuzzLst because I
dissected it into fizzBuzz, but since I do not have that anymore …

Rich

May 29, 2018, 12:31:15 PM5/29/18
> dissected it into fizzBuzz, but since I do not have that anymore ?

Dropping the hungarian notation is also an option.