Tklib's widget::scrolledwindow mystery

Oscar Fuentes

May 31, 2007, 9:50:50 PM5/31/07
I'm working in Windows XP, with ActiveState 8.4.13, which includes
tklib 1.0

This code:

package require widget::all
widget::scrolledwindow .sw
pack .sw -expand true -fill both

when executed in wish displays a pair of Tile modern-looking
(i.e. WinXP) scrollbars. However, when executed from within my
application, displays old-looking scrollbars.

But the most bizarre thing is that the code of widget::scrolledwindow
(scrollw.tcl) has:

if {[tk windowingsystem] eq "x11"} {
install hscroll using ttk::scrollbar $win.hscroll \
-orient horizontal -takefocus 0
install vscroll using ttk::scrollbar $win.vscroll \
-orient vertical -takefocus 0
} else {
install hscroll using scrollbar $win.hscroll \
-orient horizontal -highlightthickness 0 -takefocus 0
install vscroll using scrollbar $win.vscroll \
-orient vertical -highlightthickness 0 -takefocus 0
}

It seems to me that this means that Tile's scrollbar are used only for
x11. Of course the output of [tk windowingsystem] on wish is "win32".

So my questions are:

1. Why Tile's scrollbars are used on wish?

2. Why my application behaves on a different way?

(I've checked that wish and my app uses the same Tcl libs, environment
variables, etc).

Regards,

--
Oscar