ActiveTcl 8.6.0.0b6 released

AndreasK

Aug 17, 2011, 3:15:11 PM8/17/11
ActiveState is pleased to announce the release of ActiveTcl 8.6.0.0
Beta 6, a beta release of the complete, ready-to-install Tcl
distribution for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris, AIX and HP-UX;
based on the Tcl/Tk 8.6b2 core.

For detailed information or to download these releases, see:
http://www.activestate.com/activetcl/

== New in ActiveTcl 8.6.0.0b6 ==

A beta update release with updates, including:

* Updated Tcl/Tk 8.6 core
* Updated packages
** BWidget 1.9.5
** Thread 2.6.7
** platform 1.0.10
** msgcat 1.4.4
** tcltest 2.3.3
** sqlite 3.7.7.1
** Tktable 2.11
** Treectrl 2.3.2
** Tablelist 5.3.1
** cmdline 1.3.3
** ftp 2.4.10
** style::as 1.4.1

Download ActiveTcl 8.6.0.0b6 now:
http://www.activestate.com/activetcl

For access to more packages, use the included [teacup] application.

=== Getting Started ===

Whether you're a first-time user or a long-time fan, our free
resources
will help you get the most from ActiveTcl.

User forums and FAQs:
http://community.activestate.com/activetcl

Mailing list archives:
http://code.activestate.com/lists/#Tcl

Documentation:
http://docs.activestate.com/activetcl/8.6/

=== On what platforms does ActiveTcl run? ===

ActiveTcl includes installers for the following platforms:

- Windows/x86
- Mac OS X
- Linux/x86
- Linux/x86_64 (aka "AMD64")
- Solaris/SPARC (Business Edition only)
- Solaris/x86 (Business Edition only)
- HP-UX/PA-RISC (Business Edition only)
- AIX/PowerPC (Business Edition only)

Custom builds are available in Enterprise Edition:

http://www.activestate.com/activetcl/enterprise/

=== Feedback ===

Everyone is encouraged to participate in making Tcl an even better
language. For bugs related to ActiveTcl, please use:

http://bugs.ActiveState.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=ActiveTcl&version=8.6.0.0b6

Tcl/Tk is maintained by the Tcl community, with the sources and bug
database at SourceForge:
http://tcl.SourceForge.net/

Enjoy!

- The Tcl Team
ActiveState Software Inc.

Strykaas Van Basten

Aug 18, 2011, 2:41:41 AM8/18/11
> http://bugs.ActiveState.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=ActiveTcl&version=8...

> Tcl/Tk is maintained by the Tcl community, with the sources and bug
> database at SourceForge:
>        http://tcl.SourceForge.net/
>
> Enjoy!
>
> - The Tcl Team
>      ActiveState Software Inc.

Hello

Is Tcom still not included by default, thus requiring end users to use
teapot to get it ?
I'm behind a restrictive firewall and cannot use teapot successfully
-- although I successfully use an authenticated proxy (ntlmapps).
Proxy related commands for teapot do not seem to work through
ntlmapps.

Strykaas

CARLO KOKOTH

Aug 18, 2011, 4:03:44 AM8/18/11

Don't know whether it will help with help with teacup, but cntlm is >
ntlmaps (faster, uses less memory; ntlmaps also used to need to be
restarted - it just stopped authenticating).

Having static IP allowed (without login) on ISA server (I assume you
are behind ISA, what other crap also uses NLTM ? ;-) works for sure,
but that's usually "WTF ? NO ..." option.

Another possibility is Microsoft ISA Client, which is able to
transparently tunnel any connection through ISA (although the ISA
server probably has to be configured to allow it).

Not that i have anything against inclusion of TCOM, works like a
charm, and sometimes it's the only / only sane way to do something on
Windoze.