ActiveTcl 8.5.10.1 released

AndreasK

Jul 21, 2011, 7:18:26 PM7/21/11
ActiveState is pleased to announce the release of ActiveTcl 8.5.10.1,
patchlevel release of the complete, ready-to-install Tcl distribution
for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris, AIX and HP-UX; based on the
Tcl/Tk 8.5.10 core.

For detailed information or to download these releases, see:
http://www.activestate.com/activetcl

== New in ActiveTcl 8.5.10.1 ==

A patchlevel release with updates, including:

* Updated Tcl/Tk 8.5.10 core
* Updated teacup package management application
* Updated packages
** Sqlite 3.7.7.1
** Tablelist 5.3.1

Download ActiveTcl 8.5.10.1 now:
http://www.activestate.com/activetcl

For access to more packages, use the included [teacup] application.

=== Getting Started ===

Whether you're a first-time user or a long-time fan, our free
resources
will help you get the most from ActiveTcl.

User forums and FAQs:
http://community.activestate.com/activetcl

Mailing list archives:
http://code.activestate.com/lists/#Tcl

Documentation:
http://docs.activestate.com/activetcl/8.5/

=== On what platforms does ActiveTcl run? ===

ActiveTcl includes installers for the following platforms:

- Windows (x86 or x64)
- Mac OS X (x86 or x86_64)
- Linux (x86 or x86_64)
- Solaris (sparc or x86) (Business or Enterprise Edition)
- HP-UX (PA-RISC or IA64) (Business or Enterprise Edition)
- AIX/PowerPC (Business or Enterprise Edition)

Custom builds are available in Enterprise Edition:

http://www.activestate.com/activetcl/enterprise/

=== Feedback ===

Everyone is encouraged to participate in making Tcl an even better
language. For bugs related to ActiveTcl, please use:

http://bugs.ActiveState.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=ActiveTcl&version=8.5.10.1

Tcl/Tk is maintained by the Tcl community, with the sources and bug
database at SourceForge:
http://tcl.SourceForge.net/

Enjoy!

- The Tcl Team
ActiveState Software Inc.

hae

Jul 22, 2011, 2:00:19 AM7/22/11
Hello Andreas,

this seems as it is just a repackaging. So I would get all changes
with teacup. Correct?

Rüdiger

Rob

Jul 22, 2011, 4:15:18 AM7/22/11
AndreasK wrote:

> ActiveState is pleased to announce the release of ActiveTcl 8.5.10.1,
> patchlevel release of the complete, ready-to-install Tcl distribution
> for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris, AIX and HP-UX; based on the
> Tcl/Tk 8.5.10 core.

Andreas

The only documentation I can find now is online. Previously it was possible
to download a ZIP file containing the documentation in HTML format - I have
a copy of this for ActiveTcl 8.5.6.0 version on my machine.

I often develop on a machine with no online access - is it possible to get a
copy of the online docs to download? While the older docs are generally OK
there have been significant changes over that time and I'd like to be able
to view the current docs offline.

BTW, if it makes a difference, my O/S is x86 Linux.

TIA,

Rob.

nemethi

Jul 22, 2011, 10:14:17 AM7/22/11

Rob

Jul 22, 2011, 10:45:39 AM7/22/11
nemethi wrote:

> Am 22.07.2011 10:15, schrieb Rob:
>> AndreasK wrote:
>>
>>> ActiveState is pleased to announce the release of ActiveTcl 8.5.10.1,
>>> patchlevel release of the complete, ready-to-install Tcl distribution
>>> for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris, AIX and HP-UX; based on the
>>> Tcl/Tk 8.5.10 core.
>>>

>> Andreas
>>
>> The only documentation I can find now is online. Previously it was
>> possible to download a ZIP file containing the documentation in HTML
>> format - I have a copy of this for ActiveTcl 8.5.6.0 version on my
>> machine.

> See
>
> http://downloads.activestate.com/ActiveTcl/releases

Thank you, that's absolutely brilliant! Now for Andreas to make this
available via a web page so it's easy for *everyone* to find :-)

Rob.