ANN: TclRAL Version 0.8.8

Andrew Mangogna

Apr 15, 2008, 9:27:53 PM4/15/08
I am pleased to have to announce the availability of Version 0.8.8
of TclRAL.

TclRAL is a "C" based extension to Tcl that supplies a complete, formal
relational algebra including the declaration and enforcement of referential
integrity constraints. The package makes available Tuple and
Relation data types as native Tcl objects and supplies a complete set of
relational algebraic operators for these types.

Version 0.8.8 is bug fix release. This version corrects a number of fixes to
the way TclRAL interacts with the internal Tcl object type system. All
users are encouraged to upgrade to Version 0.8.8.

The project is hosted at Sourceforge and the TEA compliant source package
as well as precompiled binaries for both Linux and Windows compiled against
Tcl 8.5.2 are available there. Since the release of Tcl 8.5, precompiled
versions for Tcl 8.4 are no longer supplied, although the source will still
build against Tcl 8.4.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tclral

Andrew Mangogna

rene

Jun 11, 2008, 11:49:03 AM6/11/08
> Version 0.8.8 is bug fix release. This version corrects a number of fixes to
> the way TclRAL interacts with the internal Tcl object type system. All
> users are encouraged to upgrade to Version 0.8.8.
I got the following error in compiling against tcl 8.5.2:

In file included from .../ral-0.8.8/src/ral_attribute.c:71:
.../include/tclTomMath.h:29:27: error: tommath_class.h: file not
found

The new included file "tclTomMath.h" is the reason.
Any workarounds? May be an error in tcl unix/Makefile.in line 684ff:

gentommath_h:
$(TCL_EXE) "$(TOOL_DIR)/fix_tommath_h.tcl" \
"$(TOMMATH_DIR)/tommath.h" \
> "$(GENERIC_DIR)/tclTomMath.h"

rene

Andrew Mangogna

Jun 11, 2008, 10:01:41 PM6/11/08
rene wrote:

I posted a bug against the Tcl project to the effect that the installed
header files of a Tcl installation do not include enough of the "tommath"
stuff to use any of the "BigNum" functions (see request id 1941434) as
specified in the "Tcl_GetBigNumFromObj()" and its cousins documentation.

The work around is the one that I use. Download and unwrap the 8.5 source
and set the CPPFLAGS environment variable to point to the include directory
of the unwrapped source before configuring the build. A bit of a pain until
the Tcl build installs all the required header files.
--
Andrew Mangogna

rene

Jun 12, 2008, 4:40:11 AM6/12/08
> I posted a bug against the Tcl project to the effect that the installed
> header files of a Tcl installation do not include enough of the "tommath"
> stuff to use any of the "BigNum" functions (see request id 1941434) as
> specified in the "Tcl_GetBigNumFromObj()" and its cousins documentation.
>
> The work around is the one that I use. Download and unwrap the 8.5 source
> and set the CPPFLAGS environment variable to point to the include directory
> of the unwrapped source before configuring the build. A bit of a pain until
> the Tcl build installs all the required header files.
> --
Thank you for the response. I added CPPFLAGS=-I<tcl85-dir>/libtommath/
and everything is fine again.

rene