Ousterhout et al book

Mark Roseman

Nov 26, 2008, 7:46:11 AM11/26/08
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the soon to be released, long-awaited
second edition of John Ousterhout's original "Tcl and the Tk Toolkit",
updated by Ken Jones and others.

It's now posted as a "Rough Cut" (incomplete preview, still in
development) on O'Reilly's Safari service:
http://safari.oreilly.com/9780321601766

Mark

Ron Fox

Nov 26, 2008, 8:26:42 AM11/26/08
I see what you mean by incomplete Mark. When I followthe link I get a
completely blank book ;-)

Ron.

--
Ron Fox
NSCL

tunity

Nov 26, 2008, 9:19:42 AM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 8:26 am, Ron Fox <f...@nscl.msu.edu> wrote:
> I see what you mean by incomplete Mark. When I followthe link I get a
> completely blank book ;-)

What do you mean? Click on any topic under Table of Contents and you
get a good portion of the chapter. If you want to read more, there
are links to payment/registration where you get full access.

Mark, thanks for the link.

Ron Fox

Nov 26, 2008, 9:44:07 AM11/26/08
Not for me.. must be blocked to my organizational subscription to
safari :-(

Jeff Hobbs

Nov 26, 2008, 1:04:21 PM11/26/08

There is something interesting about this "Rough Cut" title because I
am not able to really see anything, although I do have a proper Safari
Bookshelf account (through ActiveTcl Pro Studio). It says it requires
premium access ... but I can add any regular book??

Jeff

Larry W. Virden

Nov 26, 2008, 2:39:16 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 1:04 pm, Jeff Hobbs <jeff.ho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > It's now posted as a "Rough Cut" (incomplete preview, still in
> > development) on O'Reilly's Safari service:
> >    http://safari.oreilly.com/9780321601766

Here's what I did when I visited the URL

1. click on the "Start Reading" link.
2. Click on the "Next >" button
3. Begin reading the introduction

I typically don't have any special plugins, etc. installed here, but
it seems to work for me.

Jeff Hobbs

Nov 26, 2008, 4:56:14 PM11/26/08

I should be clear ... I can view all the chapter headings and such,
but there is no real content to those chapters seemingly available
when you try and drill down.

Jeff

minu...@hotmail.fr

Nov 26, 2008, 5:52:49 PM11/26/08
Dont have to click start reading but on the left side you have the
Table of Contents.

minu...@hotmail.fr

Nov 26, 2008, 5:55:10 PM11/26/08
On 26 nov, 22:56, Jeff Hobbs <jeff.ho...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dont have to click start reading but just click on the left side the
"Table of Contents"