plugin wont install

1 view

crv...@up-link.net

Nov 10, 2008, 1:16:59 AM11/10/08
I've tried both firefox and internet explorer and neither will install
the plugin. I get a 204 error. How do I get this to work?

eiji

Nov 10, 2008, 8:50:54 AM11/10/08
Interesting ....

Maybe "install.js" wont to the job anymore in FF3.x.

I can reproduce this one on my win32 - FF3.0.3

Jeff Hobbs

Nov 10, 2008, 1:32:42 PM11/10/08

Yes, I need to replace the install.js with an install.rdf. This is a
forced requirement by FF3+, ostensibly due to possible security issues
with js-based installers. Unfortunately it complicates distribution
of a C-based extension. I've mostly done the work, but it still needs
a few tweaks.

Jeff

crv...@up-link.net

Nov 10, 2008, 10:50:45 PM11/10/08

Does this mean that I'm out of luck on this one?

SimonG

Nov 11, 2008, 5:01:31 AM11/11/08

I have the plugin working with FF3 on winXP. I installed it when I had
FF2 so maybe installing FF2, installing the plugin, installing FF3
will work for you as it seems to have worked for me.

Simon