ttk vs. tile: missing -map

Mats

Oct 14, 2007, 7:19:40 AM10/14/07
While trying to port my application (coccinella.im) to run on 8.5b1 I
ran into problems with ttk::style missing -map switch, as in:

style element create arrowCheckIcon image $tiles(open) \
-sticky w -border {0} \
-map [list \
{!active !background selected} $tiles(close) \
{ active !background !selected} $tiles(openDark) \
{ active !background selected} $tiles(closeDark) \
{!active background !selected} $tiles(openLight) \
{!active background selected} $tiles(closeLight)]

What has happened and how is it supposed to work in ttk 8.5?

/Mats

Schelte Bron

Oct 14, 2007, 10:47:40 AM10/14/07
Mats wrote:

The image value now takes a list. Something like this:
style element create arrowCheckIcon image [list $tiles(open) \

{!active !background selected} $tiles(close) \
{ active !background !selected} $tiles(openDark) \
{ active !background selected} $tiles(closeDark) \
{!active background !selected} $tiles(openLight) \

{!active background selected} $tiles(closeLight) \
] -sticky w -border {0}

Schelte.
--
set Reply-To [string map {nospam schelte} $header(From)]

Joe English

Oct 14, 2007, 3:20:26 PM10/14/07
Mats wrote:

>While trying to port my application (coccinella.im) to run on 8.5b1 I
>ran into problems with ttk::style missing -map switch, as in:
>
> style element create arrowCheckIcon image $tiles(open) \
> -sticky w -border {0} \
> -map [list \
> [...]

The "-map" part has been merged into the image specification,
so it works like other -image options.

--Joe English

Mats

Oct 15, 2007, 3:01:31 AM10/15/07

Will this also be the case for ttk as a shared lib post version 0.8
and not only ttk in 8.5?

/Mats

Joe English

Oct 15, 2007, 11:43:54 AM10/15/07
Mats wrote:

>Joe English wrote:
>> >While trying to port my application (coccinella.im) to run on 8.5b1 I
>> >ran into problems with ttk::style missing -map switch, as in:
>> > style element create arrowCheckIcon image $tiles(open) \
>> > -sticky w -border {0} \
>> > -map [list \
>> > [...]
>>
>> The "-map" part has been merged into the image specification,
>> so it works like other -image options.
>
>Will this also be the case for ttk as a shared lib post version 0.8
>and not only ttk in 8.5?

Tile CVS HEAD (currently labeled "0.8.1") supports both forms
for transition purposes. The "-map" option will eventually
go away though.

In general: Tile 0.8.* attempts to be backward-compatible
with Tile 0.7.* and forward-compatible with (what's going into)
Tk 8.5, issuing runtime warnings for things that have changed.

No warning is issued for [style element create image ... -map],
though, I probably ought to rectify that...

--Joe English