Cursor hot spot and anchor point question

1 view

gsap

Apr 20, 2007, 5:48:08 PM4/20/07
Hello,

I''m using TCL 8.4 on a touchscreen display in an embedded
application. I'm working on touchscreen calibrations, so I'm looking
very closely at the pixels on the screen relative to the cursor, I can
not trust my calibration.

1. What is the anchor point of a custom cursor bitmap?
In other words, if I use a 16x16 bit custom cursor, where will it be
draw on the screen relative to the mouse/touch location. Is the
'upper left' pixel of the bitmap located at the touch point, with the
other pixels down and to the right of this touch point?

2. Does the location of the cursor 'hot spot' alter the position at
which the bitmap is draw? In other words if I touch the screen at the
identical point with a hot spot set at 1,1 vs. 15,15 will the location
of the cursor icon on the screen change? (it doesn't appear to).

3. Am I doing something wrong in setting up the hot spot?
I have moved the hotspot around, but have not seen any effect in
the behavior of the cursor and widget clicks. See cursor def'n below.

Thanks!

// Define a custom cursor
#define nocursor_width 16
#define nocursor_height 16