ActiveState Tcl Dev Kit 4.0 now available

Jeff Hobbs

May 23, 2007, 8:22:37 PM5/23/07
Create high-quality Tcl executables and deploy to anyone, anywhere, with
Tcl Dev Kit (TDK) 4.0: the essential toolkit for Tcl programmers.

TDK 4.0 introduces support for Mac OS X and Solaris x86, support for Tcl
8.5, and features enhanced support for TEA (Tcl Extension Archive)
Package Management with a complete suite of tools for creating,
exporting, managing and using Tcl extensions.

Get all the details at:
http://www.activestate.com/tdk

------------------------
New in Tcl Dev Kit 4.0
------------------------

* Mac OS X and Solaris x86 support

* TEApot Integration

* Enhanced Static Analysis

* Tcl 8.5 Code Compiler

* GUI Facelifts

For an in-depth look at the new features of TDK 4.0, visit:
http://www.activestate.com/tdk/new

--------------------------------
Tcl Dev Kit 4.0 Release Special
--------------------------------
Take advantage of TDK's new features and platforms now and save. For a
limited time, TDK is only $245--that's $50 off the regular price.

Take advantage of release special pricing now at:
http://www.activestate.com/store/tcldevkit

Other ways to order:

By email: sa...@activestate.com
Toll-free in North America: 1.866.541.3186
International: +1.778.786.1103

---------------------------------
Tcl Dev Kit 4.0 Upgrade Specials
---------------------------------
Already using TDK? Save on your upgrade from any previous Tcl Dev Kit
until June 22, 2007.

Upgrade to TDK 4.0 and save:
http://www.activestate.com/store/tcldevkit/upgrade

As always, we welcome your input. We hope you enjoy TDK 4.0!

The TDK Team, ActiveState
http://www.activestate.com

Ralf Fassel

May 24, 2007, 4:45:16 AM5/24/07
* Jeff Hobbs <je...@activestate.com>

| Create high-quality Tcl executables and deploy to anyone, anywhere,
| with Tcl Dev Kit (TDK) 4.0: the essential toolkit for Tcl programmers.

What is the difference between ActiveTCL and TDK? It seems as a
developer of commercial applications I would want TDK?

R'

Robert Hicks

May 24, 2007, 8:02:26 AM5/24/07
On May 24, 4:45 am, Ralf Fassel <ralf...@gmx.de> wrote:
> * Jeff Hobbs <j...@activestate.com>

The TDK gives you some "utility" programs that help you develop in
Tcl.

Robert

Jeff Hobbs

May 24, 2007, 2:07:38 PM5/24/07
to Ralf Fassel

ActiveTcl is the batteries-included language distribution. TDK is the
tool suite for Tcl (ActiveTcl itself isn't even required) that has the
all the essential tools for development and deployment: debugger,
introspecter, static code analysis, wrapper, code obfuscator, and more.

Give it a try - lots of tools to assist in your development.

Jeff