Error Message: spawn id exp12 not open

bluemo...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2007, 3:48:16 PM4/18/07
I have an Expect script that is launched from a DLL that is supposed
to telnet to a remote server and do some stuff. The beginning of the
script looks like this

spawn telnet $Address
#set telnetID $spawn_id
#puts $telnetID
expect {
timeout {
error "Unable to connect to node $Address.\n"
exit
}
"Login:" {
loginL6
showHelp
}
}

When I run this on my laptop, everything is fine. The script launches
and completes and my test goes on. However, I'm trying to install this
tool on another computer and I get the error "spawn id exp<X> not
open". It seems that the problem happens when the expect command is
executed because if I uncomment the two lines seen above, I do see
that the telnetID takes on a value of exp6 or exp12 or whatever
depending on how many things I've tried.

I am thinking there is some environmental variable or Path that is
different between the two computers but I'm unsure where to look. Any
help would be appreciated

Jon

David Gravereaux

Apr 25, 2007, 8:04:25 PM4/25/07
Jon,

See http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/msg/b24aa6d49a2a83d2
</blink></font>

Get back to us, if it doesn't solve it.

--
This game lends itself to certain abuses.
--- Calvin

signature.asc