GVI, The Graphical Voter Interface

1 view

uymq...@sneakemail.com

Mar 12, 2006, 7:02:00 PM3/12/06
Hello,

A few years ago I wrote a Tcl/Tk application that I called GVI, The
Graphical Voter Interface. I think it's pretty slick, but it hasn't
gotten a lot of attention, so here is a reminder of its existence:

GVI, The Graphical Voter Interface, is a GUI (Graphical User Interface)
for voting, suitable for use in private or public elections. It can
handle write-ins and multi-language elections, and it can automate
voting along party lines. GVI can be used for Condorcet Voting and
Instant Runoff Voting, which allow voters to rank the candidates in
order of preference. It can also be used for Approval Voting, which
allows voters to select more than one candidate. It can handle
conventional voting too, of course!

see http://RussP.us/GVI.htm

If you like what you see, please pass the word along. With all the talk
about the urgent need for open-source voting systems, I do not
understand why GVI gets so little attention. It may not be the final
solution, but it can at least serve as a prototype and a demo tool.

Russ P.