Announce: Tcl3D version 0.5.0 released

Tcl3D Info

Jan 10, 2011, 2:59:58 PM1/10/11
Dear Tcl'ers,

I'm pleased to announce version 0.5.0 of Tcl3D.

Tcl3D offers the 3D functionality of OpenGL and other 3D libraries
at the Tcl scripting level.
This is accomplished by wrapping the libraries with the help of SWIG.

The Tcl3D package consists of the following building blocks:

Tcl3D core module:
- tcl3dOgl Enhanced Togl widget, a Tk widget for OpenGL content.
Wrapper for OpenGL functionality based on the GLEW
library.
Utility library (math, shapes, stop watch, ..).

Tcl3D optional modules:
- tcl3dCg Wrapper for NVidia's Cg shading language.
- tcl3dSDL Wrapper for the Simple DirectMedia Library.
- tcl3dFTGL Wrapper for the OpenGL Font Rendering Library.
- tcl3dGl2ps Wrapper for the OpenGL To Postscript library.
- tcl3dOde Wrapper for the Open Dynamics Engine.
- tcl3dOsg Wrapper for the OpenSceneGraph library.
- tcl3dGauges A Tcl3D package for displaying gauges.

Tcl3D comes with lots of demo and test programs.

Tcl3D sources, binaries and demos are available at http://www.tcl3d.org/

Please send questions, bug reports or any other feedback about Tcl3D to
<info at tcl3d dot org>, or visit the Tcl3D related pages on the Wiki:
http://wiki.tcl.tk/15278 (Tcl3D)
http://wiki.tcl.tk/16057 (Tcl3D Discussion)
http://wiki.tcl.tk/17771 (Tcl3D Demo of the Month)

Regards,

Paul Obermeier

Version history:

Version 0.5.0, released 2010/12/31
Tcl/Tk updated to version 8.5 (using ttk and dicts).

- Enhancements / New features:
+ Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 now used as standard Tcl version.
dicts and ttk are used in Tcl3D library and demos.
+ GLEW version updated to 1.5.7. OpenGL support now up to 4.1.
+ Incorporated features from Togl 2.0:
- Use of Tcl_Obj instead of strings.
- Code cleanup.
- INCOMPATIBILITY: Reshape callback does not have width and
height parameters anymore. Use the Togl width and height
methods to get the widget's size.
+ Starpack related:
- Updated Img version to 1.4 SVN Revision 315.
+ GLUS shapes: glusCreatePlane, glusCreateCube, glusCreateSphere,
glusCreateTorus, glusDestroyShape.
These functions return a dictionary containg the geometry in
tcl3dVectors to be used in vertex array objects (VAO).
+ New utility functions:
- Shader utility functions:
tcl3dOglReadShaderFile, tcl3dOglBuildProgram,
tcl3dOglCompileProgram, tcl3dOglLinkProgram,
tcl3dOglDestroyProgram.
- tcl3dReadImg: Read an image and return a dictionary containing
the image data in a tcl3dVector as well as additional image
information (width, height, format, nchans).
- tcl3dOglGetVersionNumber: Get OpenGL version as a dict.
- tcl3dOglGetProfile: Get OpenGL profile information.
- tcl3dAfterIdle: Workaround for resize problems on the Mac
caused by the "after idle" command.
- tcl3dGetDirList: Utility function to get the contents of a
directory.
- tcl3dDirSelect: An enhanced ttk::Combobox widget for selecting
directories or files.
- tcl3dVectorEqual: Check two Tcl3D vectors for equality.
- tcl3dCgResetError: Reset the Cg error condition.
- New tcl3dVector member functions: setrgb, setrgba

- Bug fixes:
+ Corrected tcl3dOglHaveVersion.

- New demos:
+ 4 new demos added since release 0.4.3.
These have been previously released as Tcl3D Demo of the month.
+ New application: OpenGL Information Center.

Thomas MENEZ

Jan 10, 2011, 4:45:24 PM1/10/11
On Jan 10, 8:59 pm, Tcl3D Info <i...@tcl3d.org> wrote:
> Dear Tcl'ers,
>
> I'm pleased to announce version 0.5.0 of Tcl3D.
>
> Tcl3D offers the 3D functionality of OpenGL and other 3D libraries
> at the Tcl scripting level.
> This is accomplished by wrapping the libraries with the help of SWIG.
>
> The Tcl3D package consists of the following building blocks:
>
> Tcl3D core module:
> - tcl3dOgl    Enhanced Togl widget, a Tk widget for OpenGL content.
>                Wrapper for OpenGL functionality based on the GLEW
>                library.
>                Utility library (math, shapes, stop watch, ..).
>
> Tcl3D optional modules:
> - tcl3dCg     Wrapper for NVidia's Cg shading language.
> - tcl3dSDL    Wrapper for the Simple DirectMedia Library.
> - tcl3dFTGL   Wrapper for the OpenGL Font Rendering Library.
> - tcl3dGl2ps  Wrapper for the OpenGL To Postscript library.
> - tcl3dOde    Wrapper for the Open Dynamics Engine.
> - tcl3dOsg    Wrapper for the OpenSceneGraph library.
> - tcl3dGauges A Tcl3D package for displaying gauges.
>
> Tcl3D comes with lots of demo and test programs.
>
> Tcl3D sources, binaries and demos are available athttp://www.tcl3d.org/

> Please send questions, bug reports or any other feedback about Tcl3D to
> <info at tcl3d dot org>, or visit the Tcl3D related pages on the Wiki:
>      http://wiki.tcl.tk/15278(Tcl3D)
>      http://wiki.tcl.tk/16057(Tcl3D Discussion)
>      http://wiki.tcl.tk/17771(Tcl3D Demo of the Month)

Nice ! I *really* like the TclGauge package !