Virtual Desktop Oddity

Joey Gibson

Jul 20, 2001, 11:44:04 PM7/20/01
I think it's been mentioned before, but I've tried using Dolphin with
two different virtual desktop managers (JSPager and now MultiDesk) and
have encountered the following problem. While Dolphin does actually
work, if I toggle to another desktop, the Dolphin launcher goes with me.
But then when I go back to the desktop where the rest of my Dolphin
windows are, the launcher doesn't come back. Curious.

Also, the other day I was making some changes to PST and toggled to
another desktop. When I came back, PST had vanished without a trace. I
didn't notice anything in the PocketSt.ERRORS file indicating what
happened. It was just gone. This happened several times.

Joey

--
-- Sun Certified Java2 Programmer
-- My Pocket Smalltalk Stuff: www.joeygibson.com/st

Ingo Blank

Jul 21, 2001, 11:47:30 AM7/21/01
Joey,

all VirtualDesktops I tested, failed to collaborate with Dolphin (or vice
versa).
But some show difficulties with VW too.
The only ST, I tested so far, that works - in that respect - is MT. Probably
because of it's extreme thin Win32 API layer.

Ingo

"Joey Gibson" <jo...@joeygibson.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Keith Alcock

Aug 13, 2001, 11:48:09 AM8/13/01
Joey,

I tried a good half dozen virtual desktop managers before finding one
that worked. Still don't know if the problem is with Dolphin or with
the other software. The one that did work was called Expanse and can
be downloaded from places where you find shareware.

Keith Alcock

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 23:44:04 -0400, Joey Gibson <jo...@joeygibson.com>