[ANN] Seaside 3.0 Final for Dolphin 6 Available

GallegO

Nov 6, 2010, 11:13:25 AM11/6/10
Friends:

I've ported the final release of Seaside 3.
This version is like the previous (2.9) ported one year ago.
Differences are on the portability layer and some configuration tools.
Now Seaside uses Pharo's Grease. I think that Grease will contribute
to make easy the job when porting other Frameworks related to Seaside
or Pharo and currently ported to other Smalltalk dialects (Magritte,
Pier, etc, I think will be funny porting both ;)
Another difference is the Welcome application, very nice Welcome to
newcomers!

I also fix a problem with "Die Hard" processes initiated by the Swazoo
serving loop and left hanging until the server shuts down. Now the
process list should remain small :)

Currently there are 5 failing tests unresolved but I think does not
affects the overall Seaside behavior. This problems are on the UTF
encoding and related to handling of BOM characters.

You can download it from http://twit.io/2F9

Best Regards
Jose Sebastian Calvo

picoVerse

Nov 6, 2010, 11:38:38 PM11/6/10
On Nov 6, 8:13 am, GallegO <fxgall...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Friends:
>
> I've ported the final release of Seaside 3.
>
> You can download it fromhttp://twit.io/2F9

> Best Regards
> Jose Sebastian Calvo

Can somebody say something or point to somewhere that says something
about AidaWeb versus Seaside? What are the pros and cons?

Christoph J. Bachinger

Nov 7, 2010, 2:04:10 PM11/7/10
Hi GallegO,

having 2 customers running a dolphin seaside 2.8 application, I'm happy
seeing being up to date with the Pharo/Seaside stuff.

Thanks for your efforts. If you also port Magritte and Pier this would
be great.

cjb

Eno

Nov 8, 2010, 3:38:19 AM11/8/10
Thanks Gallego, that's a really good news.

I was just running Seaside 3 on squeak on my web just recently, It could
render Unicode strings but could not show Unicode characters in it's UI,
Pharo has the same problem, It is said that there is an option to change
system font in pharo's FAQ but it cause system halt at startup.

The problem with UTF encoding is real a great issue for me.
The Unicode rendered in the web page always showed trailing ���....

Hope it could be resolved soon.

Best regards,

Tsun

On 2010/11/6 下午 11:13, GallegO wrote:

> Currently there are 5 failing tests unresolved but I think does not
> affects the overall Seaside behavior. This problems are on the UTF
> encoding and related to handling of BOM characters.

GallegO

Nov 8, 2010, 7:26:55 AM11/8/10
Tsun:

Are you having problems with Seaside for Dolphin too? The last
release?

Regards
Sebastian Calvo

> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: n...@netfront.net ---