New Lisp and Functional Programming Comic Novella!

Conrad

Apr 1, 2008, 5:16:03 PM4/1/08
In honor of April 1st, I've put together a little comic tale (a sneak
peek from my book-in-progress) with many twists and turns I hope you
will enjoy:

http://www.lisperati.com/landoflisp/

-Conrad

Frank Buss

Apr 1, 2008, 8:01:17 PM4/1/08
Conrad wrote:

Nice. Looks like you don't like Haskell?

--
Frank Buss, f...@frank-buss.de

Kjetil S. Matheussen

Apr 1, 2008, 8:14:52 PM4/1/08
On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Frank Buss wrote:

> Conrad wrote:
>
> > In honor of April 1st, I've put together a little comic tale (a sneak
> > peek from my book-in-progress) with many twists and turns I hope you
> > will enjoy:
> >
> > http://www.lisperati.com/landoflisp/
>
> Nice. Looks like you don't like Haskell?

Nah. At least Haskell doesn't kill cats!

(Really funny comic by the way. Thanks!)

Lars Rune Nøstdal

Apr 1, 2008, 9:23:02 PM4/1/08

I like this. :) .. Looking forward to the book.

--
Lars Rune Nøstdal
http://nostdal.org/

Abdulaziz Ghuloum

Apr 1, 2008, 9:56:44 PM4/1/08

Now when did McCarthy[*] get contacts and why is he holding a bottle
for the duration of the story?

Aziz,,,

[*] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:John_McCarthy_Stanford.jpg

Frank Buss

Apr 2, 2008, 2:03:54 AM4/2/08
Abdulaziz Ghuloum wrote:

> Now when did McCarthy[*] get contacts and why is he holding a bottle
> for the duration of the story?

Every real Lisp programmer has a forbidden magic potion flask :-)

Slobodan Blazeski

Apr 2, 2008, 3:37:34 AM4/2/08
You've stole my idea of no side effect dictatorship :), nevermind I
loved your comic.
Don't be afraid that some of the lisp troops are defecting to the
enemy I'm coooking a new library for lisp, something that will enable
lispers to summon the powers of prolog, apl and much more. Soon the
lisp world will be free from tyranny of extended loop and show the
dictatorial bastards how the real functional programming should look
like.

Tayssir John Gabbour

Apr 2, 2008, 5:27:32 AM4/2/08
Neat magic trick -- mesmerizes the audience and makes a big chunk of
the morning disappear... ;)

Tayssir

John Thingstad

Apr 2, 2008, 7:15:26 AM4/2/08
På Wed, 02 Apr 2008 09:37:34 +0200, skrev Slobodan Blazeski
<slobodan...@gmail.com>:

series? http://series.sourceforge.net/
That's about as lazy as they come.

John Thingstad