FringeDC Formal Meeting March 22nd at 1PM- Haskell Spectacular: XMonad, Zippers and More!

lisp...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2008, 9:54:42 AM3/15/08
FringeDC is a group in Washington DC interested in Fringe Programming
Languages (Lisp, Haskell, Erlang, Prolog, etc.) www.lisperati.com/fringedc.html

Our next meeting features Brent Yorgey, who is well known in the
Haskell community and a contributor to XMonad. For those who don't
know, XMonad (a purely functional windows manager) is often lauded
(well, by me at least :-) as a masterpiece in software engineering. It
cleanly marries elegant functional programming code with the ugliest
of uglies, the X Windows system. Brent will be giving an intro to
Haskell and explain the nuts of bolts of extending XMonad. As an
opener, Philip Fominykh will be giving an opening presentations on
Zippers, an exotic purely functional data structure popular among
Haskellers!

The Meeting is will be held on Saturday, March 22nd. It is hosted by
Clark&Parsia, a developer of OWL/Semantic Web reasoning software in
downtown DC.

Address:
926 N St NW Rear
Studio #1
Washington DC 20001
Google Map:http://clarkparsia.com/contact

-Conrad Barski, M.D. (cell 202 436 1388)

P.S. We're looking for someone to make a video of the meeting for the
interwebs- Bring your camera if you want to help.