[ANN] nokogiri 1.1.0 Released

1 view

Aaron Patterson

Dec 29, 2008, 11:59:26 PM12/29/08
nokogiri version 1.1.0 has been released!

* <http://nokogiri.rubyforge.org/>
* <http://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri/wikis>
* <http://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri/tree/master>
* <http://nokogiri.lighthouseapp.com/projects/19607-nokogiri/overview>

Nokogiri (��) is an HTML, XML, SAX, and Reader parser.

Changes:

### 1.1.0

* New Features

* Custom XPath functions are now supported. See Nokogiri::XML::Node#xpath
* Custom CSS pseudo classes are now supported. See Nokogiri::XML::Node#css
* Nokogiri::XML::Node#<< will add a child to the current node

* Bugfixes

* Mutex lock on CSS cache access
* Fixed build problems with GCC 3.3.5
* XML::Node#to_xml now takes an indentation argument
* XML::Node#dup takes an optional depth argument
* XML::Node#add_previous_sibling returns new sibling node.

## SYNOPSIS:

require 'nokogiri'
require 'open-uri'

doc = Nokogiri::HTML(open('http://www.google.com/search?q=tenderlove'))

####
# Search for nodes by css
doc.css('h3.r a.l').each do |link|
puts link.content
end

####
# Search for nodes by xpath
doc.xpath('//h3/a[@class="l"]').each do |link|
puts link.content
end

####
# Or mix and match.
doc.search('h3.r a.l', '//h3/a[@class="l"]').each do |link|
puts link.content
end

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/

Simon Krahnke

Dec 30, 2008, 11:38:37 AM12/30/08
* Aaron Patterson <aa...@tenderlovemaking.com> (05:59) schrieb:

> nokogiri version 1.1.0 has been released!

Never heard about his before. Very interesting.

> Nokogiri (��) is an HTML, XML, SAX, and Reader parser.

> * Custom CSS pseudo classes are now supported. See Nokogiri::XML::Node#css

In understand I can match by CSS selectors. Is there any CSS-Parser I
can use alongside?

mfg, simon .... l

Phlip

Dec 30, 2008, 1:24:44 PM12/30/08
Aaron Patterson wrote:
> nokogiri version 1.1.0 has been released!

(Apologies if I missed this but) will it work with Ruby 1.9.1 rc1?

Aaron Patterson

Dec 30, 2008, 1:56:11 PM12/30/08

Yes. We support ruby 1.9. If it breaks in 1.9, we consider it to be a
bug.