Announcing MarkaBoo - Creative Commons licensed Rails app for Social Bookmarking

xmlblog (Christian Romney)

Jun 13, 2006, 11:03:37 AM6/13/06
Hi all,
After much lobbying, I managed to convince the company I work for to
release the source of one of our for-profit web propertied under a
Creative Commons license. I'm pretty excited to release the code (warts
and all) to share a real-world project with the Ruby community. So, I'd
like to introduce MarkaBoo - a social bookmarking tool in the spirit of
Ma.gnolia and del.icio.us.

Here are a few of MarkaBoo's features:

* Bookmark not only urls, but also notes and files
* Create bookmarks via email
* Create bookmarks via MMS-capable mobile phones
* Commenting/annotation system
* WYSIWYG editing mode (via FCKEditor)
* Import from del.icio.us, ma.gnolia, or your favorite browser
* Atom feed support

Check out the RubyForge project at http://markaboo.rubyforge.org
or visit the application's site at http://www.markaboo.com

The current version of the codebase is 0.7.0.
I'm personally excited about giving the community the opportunity to
shape the features that will make it into 1.0.

Cheers,
Christian Romney
http://www.xml-blog.com