favourite irbrc tips?

Martin DeMello

Aug 26, 2009, 8:21:32 AM8/26/09
Other than installing wirble, what ought I be doing to enhance my irb session?

martin

spiralofhope

Aug 26, 2009, 10:24:49 AM8/26/09

Martin DeMello

Aug 26, 2009, 11:10:21 AM8/26/09

James Edward Gray II

Aug 26, 2009, 11:01:49 AM8/26/09
On Aug 26, 2009, at 7:21 AM, Martin DeMello wrote:

> Other than installing wirble, what ought I be doing to enhance my
> irb session?

You might try searching github for irbrc files. A lot of developers
store their "dotfiles" there now. Here's my .irbrc, for example:

http://github.com/JEG2/dotfiles/blob/914b380ca6977db6d83caeac2f90bfba1d91698d/irbrc

James Edward Gray II

ghorner

Aug 26, 2009, 3:40:30 PM8/26/09
I've written some irb tutorials you might find handy:

http://tagaholic.me/2009/05/11/demystifying-irb-commands.html
http://tagaholic.me/2009/05/29/exploring-how-to-configure-irb.html

Some irb-related gems I've released:

hirb (http://tagaholic.me/hirb/) - Pretty print ruby objects as
tables, trees ...
bond (http://tagaholic.me/bond/) - Custom autocompletion for an
object's methods, a method's arguments and more
alias (http://tagaholic.me/alias/) - Configurable aliasing for
methods, classes, constants and more

Gabriel