Re: [Python-Dev] [RELEASED] Python 3.1 beta 1

Daniel Fetchinson

May 7, 2009, 3:29:29 AM5/7/09
to Python
> On behalf of the Python development team, I'm thrilled to announce the first
> and
> only beta release of Python 3.1.
> Other features include an ordered dictionary implementation

Are there plans for backporting this to python 2.x just as
multiprocessing has been?

I know that there are several ordered dictionary implementations for
2.x but they are all a little bit different from the one going into
3.1, hence my question.

Cheers,
Daniel

Scott David Daniels

May 7, 2009, 9:12:08 AM5/7/09
Daniel Fetchinson wrote:
>> Other features include an ordered dictionary implementation
>
> Are there plans for backporting this to python 2.x just as
> multiprocessing has been?

Why not grab the 3.1 code and do it yourself for your 2.X's?
It should be far less work than attempting something as
fidgety as multiprocessing.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott....@Acm.Org

Jesse Noller

May 7, 2009, 9:28:46 AM5/7/09
to Scott David Daniels, pytho...@python.org

Don't worry, we gave multiprocessing some ADHD meds :)

CTO

May 7, 2009, 10:02:20 AM5/7/09
> Scott.Dani...@Acm.Org

If OrderedDict winds up being backported, will you include it
in 2.x?

Geremy Condra

Scott David Daniels

May 7, 2009, 11:53:30 AM5/7/09
CTO wrote:

> If OrderedDict winds up being backported, will you include it
> in 2.x?

I see it in the 2.7 sources.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott....@Acm.Org