Python 2.6.4rc1

Barry Warsaw

Oct 7, 2009, 1:18:04 PM10/7/09
to Python-Dev dev, Python List, python-...@python.org
Hello everyone.

The source tarballs and Windows installers for Python 2.6.4rc1 are now
available:

http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.4/

Please download them, install them, and try to use them with your
projects and environments. Let us know if you encounter any problems
with them. Hopefully we can avoid the situation with 2.6.3 having
such critical bugs.

2.6.4 final is planned for 18-October.

Cheers,
-Barry

PGP.sig

Robert H

Oct 7, 2009, 9:28:38 PM10/7/09
>  PGP.sig
> < 1KViewDownload

So I take it builds based on 2.6.3 should be avoided?

Bob

Carl Banks

Oct 7, 2009, 10:45:29 PM10/7/09

2.6.3 breaks setuptools:

http://bugs.python.org/issue7064

I might upgrade to 2.6.3 just for that benefit alone.

Carl Banks

Steven D'Aprano

Oct 7, 2009, 11:33:11 PM10/7/09
On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 19:45:29 -0700, Carl Banks wrote:

> 2.6.3 breaks setuptools:
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue7064
>
> I might upgrade to 2.6.3 just for that benefit alone.

Well, I knew some people disliked setuptools, but I didn't realize the
antipathy was so high!

--
Steven