Running pywin32-218.win32-py2.7.exe (win32 package for Python) results in error “The file exists”

Ziv Tepman

Jan 21, 2014, 1:02:42 PM1/21/14
to pytho...@python.org
I am trying to install the Python module "win32" but whenever I click on the exe file (pywin32-218.win32-py2.7.exe) I get the message "The file exists Could not create temporary file", and when I click OK, I get the message, "pywin32-218.win32-py2.7." I have chosen the appropriate build. How might I fix this error?  Thanks!

Ziv Tepman

Jan 21, 2014, 1:45:25 PM1/21/14
to pytho...@python.org
A small correction to my prior message:

I am trying to install the Python module "win32" but whenever I click on the exe file (pywin32-218.win32-py2.7.exe) I get the message "The file exists Could not create temporary file", and when I click OK, I get the message, "Setup program invalid or damaged." I have chosen the appropriate build. How might I fix this error?  Thanks!

Chris Angelico

Jan 21, 2014, 4:29:57 PM1/21/14
to pytho...@python.org
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 5:45 AM, Ziv Tepman <zte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to install the Python module "win32" but whenever I click on the
> exe file (pywin32-218.win32-py2.7.exe) I get the message "The file exists
> Could not create temporary file", and when I click OK, I get the message,
> "Setup program invalid or damaged." I have chosen the appropriate build. How
> might I fix this error? Thanks!

Do you have a way to check that the file was downloaded correctly?
Alternatively, just try redownloading it - maybe you got a broken file
somehow.

Since you're not talking about Python itself but about a specific
module, it would help if you provided a link to the page you got it
from, too. Thanks! :)

ChrisA