Steve Holden wrote:Hm. Am I the only one not particularly impressed? Sure the front page is
'slick' but a few clicks reveal a fairly shallow facade of marketing
material, with no real content. In general gives the impression of
'phony' company trying to make a big impression. Most good non-tech
managers are very wary of such organizations/companies.
My gripes with the whole thing:
1. Learn why.., Learn why.., Learn more..? Unless each one takes you
2. There is no (published) Python success story for Google. So link to
3. What is PyXP? Windows XP? Extreme Programming? Again, there is
4. I have a lot of respect for GvR, but there ought to be more
5. A 'more..' link under Written in Python is sorely missing. It appears
Managers are looking for maturity, stability, support and unique
Hopefully most of these will get fixed as people 'convert' the site and
The only think I liked was the 'Using Python For' section on the home page.
That's all for now.
You must Sign in before you can post messages.
To post a message you must first join this group.
Please update your nickname on the subscription settings page before posting.
You do not have the permission required to post.