Using Databases in Python

Petr Jakes

Apr 28, 2006, 11:20:35 AM4/28/06
I would like to know if anybody can point me to the site, where it is
possible to find the tutorial "Using Databases in Python" which is
mentioned by Steve Holden here: http://tinyurl.com/ectj8

Thanks

Petr Jakes

BartlebyScrivener

Apr 28, 2006, 12:04:00 PM4/28/06
It might be in his book, Python Web Programming, or just go to

http://www.holdenweb.com/

and ask him yourself using the contact form.

He's a generous contributor here.

rick

Message has been deleted

Petr Jakes

Apr 28, 2006, 1:35:13 PM4/28/06
I have got Steven's book of course (it is excellent IMHO). I was just
thinking some new approaches can be found in the tutorial.

Petr Jakes

Steve Holden

Apr 28, 2006, 4:29:32 PM4/28/06
to pytho...@python.org
Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On 28 Apr 2006 08:20:35 -0700, "Petr Jakes" <pe...@tpc.cz> declaimed the
> following in comp.lang.python:

>>I would like to know if anybody can point me to the site, where it is
>>possible to find the tutorial "Using Databases in Python" which is
>>mentioned by Steve Holden here: http://tinyurl.com/ectj8
>>

> Given that his web-site implies that he does these for a living, it
> may not be a publicly available item.

Nah, he's a bozo and his web site is completely wrong (as usual :-).

I produced the PyCon tutorials ("Using Databases in Python" and "An
Introduction to wxPython") under a Creative Commons license, but
unfortunately the task of putting them up on the web site hasn't yet
been nagged to the top of my priority list. Until now :-)

The files are at least temporarily available at

http://www.holdenweb.com/PyConTX2006/dbPythonIntro.odp
http://www.holdenweb.com/PyConTX2006/dbPythonIntro.pdf
http://www.holdenweb.com/PyConTX2006/wxPythonIntro.odp
http://www.holdenweb.com/PyConTX2006/wxPythonIntro.pdf

Unfortunately I am having difficulty downloading anything from that
server at present, even the home page, so you may need to wait a while
before you can download it. Please email me if they don't become
available within 24 hours.

I do teach commercially, but for PyCon I felt that it was appropriate to
make the materials open. Thank Guido for the liberal Python license,
whose spirit guided me in licensing these materials.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119
Love me, love my blog http://holdenweb.blogspot.com

Message has been deleted

Steve Holden

Apr 29, 2006, 11:50:24 AM4/29/06
to pytho...@python.org
Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:29:32 +0100, Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>

>>Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
>

>>> Given that his web-site implies that he does these for a living, it
>>>may not be a publicly available item.
>>
>>Nah, he's a bozo and his web site is completely wrong (as usual :-).
>>

> I didn't mean to imply everything is done commercially, only that
> what I saw seemed to lean that way (I also clicked on one of the books
> that showed up and got something about "unavailable" from Amazon <G>)

Hmm, time to crawl the site, methinks. Thank you!

Petr Jakes

Apr 29, 2006, 4:23:59 PM4/29/06
Thank you very much, Steve.

Petr Jakes

Message has been deleted

Steve Holden

Apr 29, 2006, 6:14:35 PM4/29/06
to pytho...@python.org
Petr Jakes wrote:
> Thank you very much, Steve.

Happy to oblige. You did me a favor, as I had promised the students I
would put the notes up on the net. Must remember to include them in the
permanent site build process now :-)