Re: How to check if file is open on Windows XP?

Message has been deleted

Tim Golden

Jun 20, 2009, 4:39:10 AM6/20/09
to pytho...@python.org
Dudeja, Rajat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a fascility that can check if the file is open on Windows XP
> and if the file is open (say a notepad file is open), I want to close that file
> (i.e the notepad application)

In short, this is far trickier than you might imagine.
It's come up a number of times on the Python / Python-win32
lists. A recent thread is here:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2009-May/713077.html

But if you simply Google for things like:

site:mail.python.org sysinternals handle

You'll get a bunch of hits asking / answering the same thing.

TJG