New beginner to python for advice

Minlar Ginger

May 23, 2006, 2:50:55 AM5/23/06
HIi all:
I am a new beginner to python, would you like give me some advice on
studying it?
Welcome to list some book on python for me.
Thanks a lot.

vbgunz

May 23, 2006, 3:29:28 AM5/23/06
> I am a new beginner to python, would you like give me some
> advice on studying it?

http://www.python.org/doc/ is a real great place to start. Are you
looking for different advice?

Florian Reiser

May 23, 2006, 3:44:05 AM5/23/06
Hello Minlar,

try: http://www.diveintopython.org/
It is written very cleary and helps you to get started very quickly.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Florian Reiser

--
http://www.ra-bc.de
RA Unternehmensberatung

"Minlar Ginger" <zhaoyu...@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

BartlebyScrivener

May 23, 2006, 8:56:20 AM5/23/06
If you are new to programming:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers

If you already know at least one programming language:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/Programmers

Your goal is to read, work the examples, and understand the Python
Tutorial by Guido von Rossum:

http://docs.python.org/tut/

If you can't understand it, then read other, easier tutorials and books
until you do.

John Salerno

May 23, 2006, 11:33:40 AM5/23/06

I'd say read "Learning Python" (2nd ed.)

Dirk Beste

May 23, 2006, 12:39:28 PM5/23/06

If you like a practical approach you can try
Langtangen's Python Scripting for Computational Science.