Interactive mode - arrow keys?

Gregory Trubetskoy

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

Is it possible to get Python to behave like bash in interactive mode on
Solaris - i.e. when I hit the upper arrow key it brings up the last
command?

I know it works on NT - can it work on unix?

Thanks!

Michael Spalinski

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

Gregory Trubetskoy <gri...@intr.net> writes:

> Is it possible to get Python to behave like bash in interactive mode on
> Solaris - i.e. when I hit the upper arrow key it brings up the last
> command?

You have to enable the readline module in Modules/Setup (there are
instructions in the file) and run make. You also need to have the readline
library (libreadline.a), you might already have that (if not, it's at the
usual GNU sites).

--
M.