Article on wxPython ToolKit for Mac OS X

1 view

miah_gbg

May 3, 2007, 11:09:46 AM5/3/07
Hi there!

Just wanted to let people know in this group that I have recently
(April 24th) published an introductory article on wxPython and Mac OS
X. It is available here: http://www.macdevcenter.com/

Hope someone finds it useful.

Regards,

Jeremiah

James Stroud

May 3, 2007, 3:34:53 PM5/3/07

For the impatient: http://tinyurl.com/2z6qeq

James

James Stroud

May 3, 2007, 3:46:52 PM5/3/07

Nice article, but it has an inaccuracy:

"The first thing we need to do is download wxPython so we can begin
creating applications."

This is not entirely correct. The stock 10.4 that came in a G5 bought in
June has wx built-in:

cabin % /usr/bin/python
Python 2.3.5 (#1, Oct 5 2005, 11:07:27)
[GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1809)] on darwin
>>> import wx

Of course the stock python is 2.3, but its very cool that one can depend
on wx being present on 10.4+ machines. So there is no need to bundle
python/wx with your app when developing for Macs. (Yes, I noticed the
author is running OS X 10.3.)

James

James Stroud

May 3, 2007, 3:53:34 PM5/3/07

Oh yes, a mactel (Quad Xeon) bought in January?

platinum 1% /usr/bin/python
Python 2.3.5 (#1, Aug 12 2006, 00:08:11)

>>> import wx

Hell yeah, baby!

miah_gbg

Jun 12, 2007, 12:51:36 PM6/12/07