deleting IMAP messages using imaplib

Gary

Mar 13, 2001, 5:09:47 PM3/13/01
Can anyone tell me how to delete messages in an IMAP mailbox? The doc says
delete is used to delete a mailbox, while expunge is used to clear out
deleted items. How do I delete a message itself?

Thanks for any advice,

-Gary

Donn Cave

Mar 13, 2001, 6:09:03 PM3/13/01
Quoth "Gary" <ga...@directhit.com>:

| Can anyone tell me how to delete messages in an IMAP mailbox? The doc says
| delete is used to delete a mailbox, while expunge is used to clear out
| deleted items. How do I delete a message itself?

It's only a flag, to identify the message that as you noted
will be actually deleted later by an expunge.

ok, error = imapobject.store(number, 'FLAGS', '(\Deleted)')

Donn Cave, do...@oz.net

Gary

Mar 13, 2001, 6:35:05 PM3/13/01
Thanks!