Web site for comparing languages syntax

Sebastian Bassi

Feb 25, 2008, 5:51:03 PM2/25/08
to pytho...@python.org
Hello,

I know there is one site with wikimedia software installed, that is
made for comparing the syntax of several computer languages (Python
included). But don't remember the URL. Anyone knows this site?

--
Sebastián Bassi (セバスティアン). Diplomado en Ciencia y Tecnología.
Curso Biologia molecular para programadores: http://tinyurl.com/2vv8w6

Mel

Feb 25, 2008, 9:09:01 PM2/25/08
Sebastian Bassi wrote:
> I know there is one site with wikimedia software installed, that is
> made for comparing the syntax of several computer languages (Python
> included). But don't remember the URL. Anyone knows this site?

http://99-bottles-of-beer.net/

is one such site, though I don't know about wikimedia.

Mel.

Andreas Tawn

Feb 26, 2008, 5:23:24 AM2/26/08
to pytho...@python.org

Maybe http://www.rosettacode.org ? That's a wiki.

Cheers,

Drea

Thomas Guettler

Feb 26, 2008, 10:24:45 AM2/26/08
Sebastian Bassi schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> I know there is one site with wikimedia software installed, that is
> made for comparing the syntax of several computer languages (Python
> included). But don't remember the URL. Anyone knows this site?

It does not use wikimedia, but it's good:

http://pleac.sourceforge.net/

The Perl Cookbook gets translated to several other languages.

--
Thomas Guettler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/

bearoph...@lycos.com

Feb 26, 2008, 10:49:58 AM2/26/08
There is this site too, I have written many small programs for it:
http://www.codecodex.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Bye,
bearophile

Sebastian Bassi