small issue with Idle

v4vijayakumar

Aug 8, 2008, 10:41:20 AM8/8/08
When you press 'home' button cursor goes before >>> prompt. This is
little uncomfortable.

I am using Idle 1.2.2. (python 2.5.2.)

Lie

Aug 8, 2008, 1:35:38 PM8/8/08
On Aug 8, 9:41 pm, v4vijayakumar <vijayakumar.subbu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> When you press 'home' button cursor goes before >>> prompt. This is
> little uncomfortable.
>
> I am using Idle 1.2.2. (python 2.5.2.)

This is IDLE's behavior, not really python's. Anyway, I don't really
mind the minor annoyance as you don't seriously program serious
program in interactive mode (no pun intended). Anyway, if you feel
really disturbed by this, you should file a bug in: http://bugs.python.org/

Mike Driscoll

Aug 8, 2008, 1:49:11 PM8/8/08
On Aug 8, 9:41 am, v4vijayakumar <vijayakumar.subbu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> When you press 'home' button cursor goes before >>> prompt. This is
> little uncomfortable.
>
> I am using Idle 1.2.2. (python 2.5.2.)

There's a free version of Wing IDE that has an IDLE-like interface
that doesn't have this issue...or you could just use the command line
version of IDLE.

Mike