What IDE has good git and python support?

Aweks

Oct 27, 2009, 11:56:21 AM10/27/09
what do you use?

Mick Krippendorf

Oct 27, 2009, 12:04:53 PM10/27/09
Aweks schrieb:
> what do you use?

Either of the following:
-> Vim + Eclim + Rope + pylint + PyDev + Eclipse + cygwin + WindowsXP
-> Vim + Linux

Mick.

Joshua Kugler

Oct 27, 2009, 2:55:37 PM10/27/09
to pytho...@python.org
Aweks wrote:
> what do you use?

WingIDE has excellent Python support (it's a Python IDE, after all), and the
latest version has full support for git.

Chris Colbert

Oct 27, 2009, 2:58:02 PM10/27/09
to Mick Krippendorf, pytho...@python.org
it depends on what i'm doing.

quick and dirty test script: ipython

a larger problem with code I am likely to use later: spyder

a multi-module large project (like wrapping opencv): Wing

Chris

TerryP

Oct 27, 2009, 3:13:53 PM10/27/09
The best IDE for git and python is bash :-P.

I use a mixture of FreeBSD, rxvt-unicode, GNU screen, zsh, vim, git,
Python, and Exuberant Ctags.

Ryan Lynch

Oct 27, 2009, 3:29:17 PM10/27/09
to Mick Krippendorf, pytho...@python.org

A word of praise/warning about Eclipse: The Python integration is
pretty good--I especially like the debugger. But the git support is
lacking--it's nowhere near the level of SVN or CVS integration, though
it is basically usable.

I'm using Egit 0.5.0 on F11, with Eclipse 3.5.

-Ryan

geremy condra

Oct 27, 2009, 3:37:46 PM10/27/09
to Aweks, pytho...@python.org
On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Aweks <al...@ewadev.com> wrote:
> what do you use?
> --

On console only: vim + screen
On X: (vim or gedit) + terminator

Geremy Condra

J Kenneth King

Oct 28, 2009, 9:33:33 AM10/28/09
Aweks <al...@ewadev.com> writes:

> what do you use?

emacs.

Simon Forman

Oct 28, 2009, 12:42:47 PM10/28/09
to Aweks, pytho...@python.org
On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Aweks <al...@ewadev.com> wrote:
> what do you use?

I use IDLE for python and Bash for GIT.

Regards,
~Simon

alex23

Oct 29, 2009, 12:42:06 AM10/29/09
On Oct 28, 1:56 am, Aweks <a...@ewadev.com> wrote:
> what do you use?

ActiveState's Komodo IDE.

Bruno Desthuilliers

Oct 30, 2009, 7:43:32 AM10/30/09
Aweks a �crit :
> what do you use?

bash + emacs

Ben Finney

Oct 30, 2009, 8:15:42 AM10/30/09
Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.42.de...@websiteburo.invalid> writes:

> Aweks a écrit :

> > what do you use?
>
> bash + emacs

Yes, Bash and the toolkit provided by the GNU operating system are an
excellent integrated development environment (IDE).

Emacs has a ‘vc’ mode, and Git provides an Emacs module to support Git
in ‘vc’. It will then work the same as any other VCS supported by Emacs.

Learn to use the GNU operating system, and a powerful free-software
mature programmable text editor (Emacs or Vim), and you have an IDE that
works for any popular programming language.

--
\ “Oh, I realize it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at |
`\ me: I've worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme |